No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And I am not going to proudly offer a SoS of 46 as much better than 50 or a SOR of 6 is that much better than 11, but -instead- just offer it as reference.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Whatever that SOS is. And it wasn't close after the B10 CG. Of course, that didn't matter.

Play an easy schedule, be named Alabama, get in. Wash, rinse, repeat for 2018.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That SOS that I linked from the espn site "playoff picture" is the SOS and SOR the Committee primarily uses I heard.

Anyway...

This year, after the CCG, OSU did pass Bama in SOS (although neither team is top 25 by that metric); however, we were talking regular season schedules, weren't we? I thought we were, anyway.

With regard to Bama last year, if memory serves, we had the #1 SOS after week 15. The team that got in last year, that didn't win its conference or have a top 25 sos was, of course, the Buckeyes. So, I guess, this year, Bama pulled a Buckeye out of our hat. After we lose to Clemson as badly as the Buckeyes did last year, I am sure our rep will take a big hit, too.

Comment

• I could have sworn OSU played 4 top 8 teams last year. Probably misremembering.

Anyway, it’s a fun sore point to pick. I say embrace Alabama’s play no one and win the “eye test” approach. It works.

If you’re interested in WAR!!! you should follow the B10 East.
            Last edited by iam416; December 31, 2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I could have sworn OSU played 4 top 8 teams last year. Probably misremembering.

Anyway, it’s a fun sore point to pick. I say embrace Alabama’s play no one and win the “eye test” approach. It works.

If you’re interested in WAR!!! you should follow the B10 East.
              If OSU played 4 top 8 teams, then the rest must have been dogs because it drug your overall SOS way down.

You can look back at Bama's previous SoSs on this link. http://www.espn.com/college-football...re/_/year/2015

While we're barely top 50 this year, that is not the norm. We were hurt this year by FSU turning shitty and a weakened SEC. I like us top 25 and preferably top 10. And we have been.

Comment

• You mean way down to #26? Lol. Makes you comparing 2016 OSU and 2017 Bama as both not in top 25 truly fucking hilarious.

You may want a good schedule, but it ain’t coming. Your boys have opted for 4 joke OoC games for the next two years, you play in the West and your crossover for 18 is Mizzou (with your permanent auto win against Vals).

I’d just own it if I were you. No sense in denying the obvious.

Comment

• I’m also puzzled as to why you care. I mean, it worked. Your team won the beauty contest. You’re in. Who cares what a troglodyte from Ohio thinks? Who cares if your team played a shit schedule and will do so again in 2018? I realize it’s difficult to brook anyone impugning Alabama’s perfection, but facts be facts. You’re in, shitty schedule and all.

I also recall you washing your hands of this a few weeks ago. You must be bored!

Comment

• Seeing AA get pwned by Talent is so sad...like watching a bad Burt Reynolds movie...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So not any of the Smokey and the Bandits.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• UM opens the season next year At ND. ND broke their contract with UM right before another game in South Bend. UM has one of the most unbalanced schedules in the nation with away games at MSU, OSU and ND, and Northwestern. Wisc and PSU at home.

Alabama wouldn't look so good if they played that schedule, but they will never do that. Washington making the playoffs last year shows that SOS has nothing to do with who gets into the final four.

IMO, UM should never have scheduled ND, but the only possible reason would be to offset the (MSU+OSU) joint home/away nonsense by balancing the ticket package with ND and PSU.

Comment

• It doesn't sound like much of an imbalance.

Comment

• The door was open for AA to come back with some shoe-in-the-other-foot version of Talent's effective "life in the shadow" series, but now it seems too late.

Comment

• We can talk about Alabama’s schedule if they ever bother to play a non conference road game against any team of note.

Comment

Working...
                                X