No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guy that had the information (Danny Sheridan calls him the Bag Man) never came through. IOW, he didn't testify to the NCAA. Did he have the dirt? No one knows.

The prevailing wisdom is that all the individuals involved in this at the administrative level (e.g., Slive, all the Auburn Folks, Emmert at the NCAA) felt the cost to college football was too high to press the issue further than it went.

No one with a brain thinks Cam was not enticed to sign with Auburn. The NCAA does not have the resources to dig deep enough to get what they need to prove what they need to prove. The Auburn finding makes it pretty likely nothing much will happen to osu over the tat5. Two good reasons for anyone interested in raising the level of integrity in college sports to end their relationship with the NCAA. I think its coming.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• What a joke. As ent said, cheating pays. After this Auburn thing, any school that doesn't back up the cash truck to top recruits is stupid--it is apparently now an NCAA sanctioned activity.

Comment

• Exactly.

Comment

• If I'm a star player, I'm thinking I need at least 6 figures to even consider a school after the Newton thing.

Comment

• At least a nice car and a steady stream of pocket money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
              If I'm a star player, I'm thinking I need at least 6 figures to even consider a school after the Newton thing.
              Well, it's called Ohio State.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• OSU is a minor league team compared to the cheating down south
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm not so sure about that, E ......

What they are is a big spending program, with people running it who (a) don't cover their tracks very well and (b) when they get exposed do stupid things to make themselves look guilty as hell.

At least Saban and Miles are believable.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The SEC has a culture of cheating.. from administration to fans. It was normal for boosters to go on recruiting trips. That is just accepted. I don't believe it has gone away. They just figured out how to do it around the rules and/or break them without getting caught.

Comment

• from another site..

Texass Sellout Streak Hits 0

The UT athletic department is pimping Okie State and Kansas tickets to anybody who will listen right now. I received an email through my employer offering Kansas tickets for the amazingly low price of $35 each, then caught a radio add for family ticket packages, followed by yet more offers at the grocery store. It seems Bevo is having a hard time getting anybody to care after last season's losing record and this season's bendover to Oklahoma.

Maybe their fans are all at home watching it on the Longhorn Network!

In their defense, there are only 3 million people within 90 miles of Austin, and 26 million in the state.

Comment

• Well, it is a down economy and all...

In related news, a Texas A&M friend of mine said they returned 5,000 tix to Baylor for their game today in protest of their lawsuit. I thought that was pretty kickass. Especially considering all those tickets were surely bought up by aTm fans on the open market.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Profanity or not, the coach was right.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Missouri getting closer to leaving?

Comment

• Rumour has nd heading to the big12.

Comment

Working...
                                X