No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The final 1995 College Football poll, with today’s final regular season records: 1- Nebraska (4-8) 2- Florida (4-7) 3- Tennessee (4-8) 4- Florida State (5-6) 5- Colorado (5-7) The 5 best teams in 1995 have a combined winning percentage of 38% in 2017.====

tweet I saw today
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I don't doubt that Schiano knew what was going on. If we're to believe that Paterno knew, then it follows that the assistants would know as well. Lots of people knew; no one came forward. I do believe; however, that Tennessee fans are fabricating their outrage as a device to keep what they believe is a substandard coach away from their hallowed environs. It's especially suspicious when politicians are climbing on their high horse.
      They all knew in State College. Everyone. I have a friend who lives there and he tells of an ice cream store that had an offering called "the Sandusky". It consisted of two rolled scoops of walnut ice cream positioned in the dish to hold a banana vertically. Paterno knew, and so did Schiano. They all knew. The idea that Joe Paterno has been "rehabilitated" sickens me.

Comment

• Correct.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Geezer has a friend who has a friend who made obscene ice cream cones. As far as evidence goes, works for me! Burn Schiano at the stake with one of those "Sandusky cones" shoved up his ass!

Comment

• Matt Campbell signs extension at ISU and also helps his assistants.

Comment

• Bruce Feldman
              @BruceFeldmanCFB

Am told there's increasing pressure now from big-money #Vols boosters to force #Tennessee AD John Currie out in the wake of Sunday's news. UT source told me: "This is such a hot mess. Just when you think they’ve gotten out of the ditch. They’ve fallen into a much bigger one.”

Comment

• http://footballscoop.com/news/matt-c...on-iowa-state/

Matt Campbell signs extension at ISU and also helps his assistants.
                That is a well deserved extension. He did an amazing job this year. ISU is always a stepping stone job, so it's nice to see Pollard do what he can to keep Campbell around as long as possible.

Comment

• Gundy meeting with Tenn...?

Comment

• A lot of this ... Mike Gundy for example ... is Gundy and his agent trying to build up pressure towards his current team's athletic department.
                    More $$$ towards facilities, assistants, or his own contract. Whatever it is.
                    If Iowa St’s Matt Campbell just was rewarded, why not Gundy.

There was a lot of talk of Matt Painter leaving Purdue for Missou a few years ago. End result was Purdue increasing Painter's contract by $1MM and a lot of $$$ funneled in towards basketball renovations. ... The reason why Purdue has had top 25 classes over the last couple of years.
                    Last edited by Cody_Russell; November 28, 2017, 12:42 PM. Reason: Spell Check
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The only schadenfreude I get from this is that Schiano backed out of his agreement with Michigan in 2008, and that led to the hiring of Rich Rod. Now he's pissed that Tennessee back out of their agreement with him. Sucks, to be jilted.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy mentioned as UT's "top target". OK station WNML reported this. Also, Robert Allen of the Oklahoma State 247 website GoPokes.com reported that Currie was set to meet with Gundy on Tuesday.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Maybe Gundy gives Tennessee a shot. I think it’s a bluff, but that depends on how much Tennessee is willing to cough up. Gundy has been at Oklahoma St for 23 of the last 27 years and is an alum.
                          This would be similar to Rich Rodriguez leaving his West Virginia for M.

Nervous because pretty soon, Jeff Brohm is next on the coaching candidates list for these places. When teams start offering $4.5 million + to leave West Lafayette, that’s an easy decision. Though the Purdue fanbase has been overwhelmingly supportive of Brohm in the last 11 months.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Gundy is using this for leverage...plain and simple. He's an alum. He has a way better chance of winning the B12 than the SEC.

#aintgonnahappenforthemulletmanof40
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Tennessee should hire Les Miles. I'm not even kidding.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I agree. Les would be a great choice for the Vals...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X