The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geo weidl View Post
    While watching that okie/tejas game on Saturday, noticed there were quite a few plugs by brent regarding the longhorn network.
    That stood out bigtime to me too. Brent and Herbie were really pitching it. Brent said something about tuesday's Texas practice being shown LIVE on LHN and Herbie chirped in something about that being must-see tv if you're a Longhorn fan. I gagged.

Comment

• and it will only get worse. ESPN is going to push it and push it.

I just wonder at what point there will be backlash?
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• There has already been a backlash IMHO, but ESPN has near monopoly power right now. They had an ombudsman a few years ago to handle complaints but then they kicked her to the curb when they found out that she actually wanted to do her job and people had tons of legitimate complaints.

I wish to God that the Big Ten would sign a contract with somebody else besides ESPN (Fox, CBS, NBC -- anybody but Disney), or go all in with the BTN and just show all of their own games.
        Last edited by Hannibal; October 10, 2011, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Herbie and Brent were pushing NASCAR super hard too. At one point it got so ridiculous that Herbstreit just lost it and went completely silent. I don't know if that is because Brent asked him a NASCAR question that he couldn't possibly fake answer (because obviously Herbstreit never watches NASCAR) or whether he just couldn't take the fake "we love NASCAR" discussion they were having anymore.

Comment

• TCU has officially accepted an invite to the Big12. The Big East is now in a blind panic and vowing that they will somehow, someway, add 6 more members.

The Big East will consider adding six more football-playing schools to get to 12 in the wake of three departures that have hit the league in the last month, the league said in a statement Monday.

Comment

• If you read that article, it gets really fugged up towards the end, with non-football conferences like the MVC and WCC trying to make a bid for Air Force.

Comment

• Big East expected to invite Central Florida soon...maybe Temple in the near future

Comment

• BOOM! The season's first major coaching casualty...Mike Stoops has been fired at Arizona

Mike Stoops has been fired by the University of Arizona after a 1-5 start, Stoops confirmed to ESPN.com's Ted Miller on Monday.

Comment

• Interesting timing ....... demonstration of an administration that understands how to do this.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There's no point in keeping a guy around once you know he's not the guy. Dave Brandon could learn a lot from this.

Comment

• I still think Brandon thought Harbaugh was a slam dunk, done deal. That all changed after the 49ers got involved.

Comment

• 1st NFC West (4-1-0), San Francisco...I hate to say it but it appears Harbaugh belongs back in the NFL.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Harbaugh wasn't going to be satisfied until he had proven he could be an NFL coach.

Comment

• Auburn cleared: no violations re: Cam Newton, no violations re: four former players and what they told HBO. Per the NCAA, investigation is closed.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Cheating pays
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X