No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right on cue, ND-Stanford goes to review when he's a half yard short. AND THEY GIVE HIM THE 1ST STILL
    Fucking clowns.

Comment

• Just seen it, not even close!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
        Right on cue, ND-Stanford goes to review when he's a half yard short. AND THEY GIVE HIM THE 1ST STILL
        Fucking clowns.
        Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        Just seen it, not even close!
        Yep. I don't know what the hell the were looking at.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• My best guess at CFP

1. Clemson
          2. Oklahoma
          3. Wisconsin
          --------------
          4. Auburn
          5. Alabama
          6. Georgia
          7. Miami
          ----------------
          8. Ohio State
          9. Penn State
          10 USC

I broke them out into what I think are the current "clusters." The clusters are relevant insofar as they determine comparable teams. If the CFP thinks a team is not comparable, then there's no need to delve into conference title, HtH, or anything else.

Last week they said 1 to 5 were all pretty close. So, with two of those teams losing I think 1-3 are now a cluster. They also said 9-11 were close suggesting that they weren't with the Auburn/UGA/ND cluster.

The most straight-forward scenarios are straight-forward, so boring. The two scenarios that bear watching are if OSU beats Wisconsin and if TCU beats OU.

For the first, the question is then whether or not OSU jumps into Alabama's cluster and makes them comparable. That's a huge question, but it's really clear what you have to breakdown -- OSU v Alabama.

If TCU wins then it's a clusterfuck, IMO. TCU has 1 top 25 win. One. They'll have two if they beat OU. Oklahoma has 3 very good to good wins. So, if OU loses to TCU and Wisconsin wins, then it seems like it's a TCU vs Alabama vs USC (if they win) debate. Again, I'd side on taking TCU or USC b/c NO two teams, but I think Alabama will absolutely be in if that happens.

If TCU and OSU win then (a) can you really rank OU below OSU? and (b) it seems like an OSU/Alabama/OU/TCU/USC clusterfuck.

Anyway, the CFP has someone managed to mostly avoid entropy -- we should all be so fucking lucky. I tend to think the same thing happens this year with Wisconsin beating OSU and OU beating TCU. That's a clear 4.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We ALL try to avoid entropy.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Thirded.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Rest of College Football

1 Clemson
                  2 Auburn
                  3 Oklahoma
                  4 Wisconsin
                  5 Alabama
                  6 Georgia

The top 4 win and they are in.

If Wisky loses (the most likely loser) then Bama is in, along with the SEC Champs
                  Last edited by whodean; November 26, 2017, 12:20 PM.
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Todd Graham, HC at AzSU next on the list to get the AX. Announced this morning. The PAC-12 is now out three HCs (AzSU, Oregon State and UCLA).

Man, this is going to be an interesting HC hires season.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Rest of College Football

Mullen to Florida (excellent hire)

Schiano to Tennessee (not as good but it's not a top job anymore)
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Tennessee can do and has done much worse than Schiano.

Comment

• I hate the Schiano hire. I think he'll be competent. The Mullen move works out for me as MissState takes a hit.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Schiano was eager to escape the Shadow.

Comment

• It's a revolving door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Schiano’s an interesting hire. He’s a good coach at the college level, but he’s not exactly known for good attitude toward the press right? Obviously, if he wins it won’t matter but I thought they’d stay clear of somebody who might be actively combative toward the media.

Comment

Working...
                                X