Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&M love?

Just the latest over rated SEC team.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• TAMU's decent. There are only 7 P5 1-loss teams out there. Of those 1-loss teams, you have Louisville and Ohio State at the top, and I think TAMU is as good or better than the remaining 5.

Now, can the argument be made that one or two two-loss teams are as good? Sure, but you know how polls work. When you take a second loss outta eight total games, your perceived strength takes a hit.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't see aTm as leading the group of 1-loss teams. They're top 10. I don't think they're 4. They're #4, apparently, on the "eye test."
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't see them leading it, either. I think 7th or 8th or so is fair for them.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• M is in there somewhere for the 4th spot if they lose to Ohio and get alot of help.

Comment

• They'd be front of the line for 1-loss teams, IMO. And they'd cockblock the P12 if the Buffs somehow won the that shitass league. And Oklahoma ain't passing them.

I think they'd get beat out by 1-loss, P12 champion Huskies and maybe by aTm.

For some reason, the committee thinks PSU is good...and even if you discount the M asswhipping b/c PSU played small children at LB, it's still an asswhipping. If Wisky survives this week, they'll finish in the top 10. And Colorado has an outside shot to improve up toward 10th.

The more I think about it now, the more I think OSU's loss to PSU may actually cost them down the road. I think this could be the year for an "at-large".

That said, some perspective:

2014 Initial:

1. Mississippi State (DAK!!!!)
              2. Florida State
              3. Auburn
              4. Mississippi
              5. Oregon
              6. Alabama
              16. Ohio State

2015 Initial:

1. Clemson
              2. LSU
              3. Ohio State
              4. Alabama
              5. Notre Dame
              6. Baylor
              7. Michigan State
              15. Oklahoma
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Apropos of nothing: So far, no teams have been selected with a loss in the previous 28 days. The closest was Michigan State (B1G bias!). No other team is close to that.

2014 Playoff teams:
                Ohio State - 11 game win streak
                Alabama - 8 game win streak
                Oregon - 8 game winning streak
                Florida State - 28 game winning streak

2015 Playoff teams:
                Alabama - 10 game winning streak
                Michigan State - 4 game winning streak.
                Clemson - 16 game winning streak
                Oklahoma - 7 game winning streak

As far as 2016 goes, the more I think about TAMU's ranking, the more it appears that they are trying to hedge their bets to get another SEC team poised to go to the CFP if Bama slips up against LSU or Auburn.

Comment

• In the past, being a conference champ is a major consideration.

From the committee protocall:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:

Championships won
                  Strength of schedule
                  Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
                  Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• No reason to get excited yet. Michigan has to beat Iowa on the road at night, OSU in Columbus, and the winner of the West Division in Indianapolis to get to the dance. This is far from the best team Harbaugh will have in Ann Arbor. Hoke's boys have done well, but Jim will build a better monster.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      In the past, being a conference champ is a major consideration.

From the committee protocall:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:

Championships won
                      Strength of schedule
                      Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
                      Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)
                      Yes, a conference championship is important. Leaving a P5 champion out to take a non-champion in the cfp. Recency of loss is an unwritten rule. It always has geen, even with the BCS and before.

In fact, if you can't win your conference, you have no business ....(remembers 2011)....never mind.

Comment

• #15)Colorado is really struggling at home vs UCLA. Long punt return set up a FG for the Buffs to tie it at 10-10 in the 3rd

Comment

• If only USC was still starting Max Browne during the Colorado at USC game... Colorado might have just one loss.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            #15)Colorado is really struggling at home vs UCLA. Long punt return set up a FG for the Buffs to tie it at 10-10 in the 3rd
                            The beautiful women aspect of UCLA must be a strong pull cause recruits sure aint going to UCLA to win...
                            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Baylor down 31-7 TCU 2nd qrt

Comment

• Baylor had a very backloaded schedule, they'll lose a 3rd and probably even a 4th game.

Comment

Working...
                                X