No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN reports that Syracuse and Pitt have applied for ACC membership.

Comment

• Big East & Big XII both could end up losing automatic BCS qualifier status.

Comment

• domers vs spartie- at least one green and gold team will lose. So far, it looks like the one in EL.
        Last edited by *JD*; September 17, 2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• I have no idea who to root for in this game. In the past I've always rooted for MSU, but after spending time listening 97.1 I'm so tired of the constant MSU slappies on there that I'd love to see the Spartans taken down a few pegs.

Comment

• Sparty looks crappy. Northwestern is putting up an embarrassing performance against Army

Comment

• Cousins throws a pick and this one is over. ND in a rout.

Comment

• Sparty looks like Sparty.

Comment

• Lots of penalties for both teams.

Comment

• Thoroughly enjoyed Sparty's loss. There are 2 teams that need a strong dose of humility, and Sparty is one of them. At least this takes them down a notch or two until we roll into town.

What is it with the service academies? Navy is giving South Carolina all they want, and Army is in a dogfight with Northwestern.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Watched some college football this afternoon with a guy who writes for ESPN that is a UT grad.

Take this for what it's worth but he said from what he's heard, both Texas and ND are in quiet negotiations to come to the Big 10 as a package. Some of their requests are that they play each other in a protected rivalry and also that the BIG stay with an 8 game conference schedule so they (Texas) can maintain their other rivalry games.

They also want to bring the Longhorn Network to the Big Ten Network and create a Big Ten Network2 that will primarily be for Texas and ND.

I really don't see the last part happening.

Comment

• I hope that last part doesn't happen. No special circumstances. It creates problems as we've all seen.

Still, they would be interesting additions.

Comment

• tejas and ND are unfortunately the only additions that would actually increase B1G revenue.

Comment

• Sounds like the ACC is stealing all of the Big East's football schools except for West Virginia... Pitt & Syracuse look like locks and Connecticut & Rutgers are possibilities. This would kill off the Big East, leaving behind WV and a bunch of former C-USA schools: UCF, Cincy, Louisville & TCU.

Comment

• The ACC has formally accepted Pitt and Syracuse this morning. Rumors that both the B1G and the ACC may be trying to work with Tejas and ND

Comment

• ACC sort of screwed up their expansion last time. Will they switch to geographical divisions now? If they do one NC school has to be placed in the North. That or throw Miami in with the northern schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X