No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Cameron was our QB and receivers coach when Elvis Grbac was the #1 passer efficiency QB in the nation and Desmond Howard won the Heisman. He also coached Derrick Alexander and Amani Toomer and put Todd Collins into the NFL. Later on, he coached Antwaan Randle-El. MFer can coach. So yeah, it's Miles.

Comment

• Even with Les being a former OL guy, LSU's offense is wretched....there is a palpable feeling of resignation that hangs over the huddle. Another handoff for 2 yards...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        I still think the question of how good or bad the QB situation remains unaswered and I suspect it will remain that way until M faces a DL that's worth a crap. Maybe PSU.

First impressions tell us Speight holds the ball too long and lacks power. Remember he didn't throw deep once. OTH, that could be part of the plan. JH has a record of being very good at advantaging players by asking them to do what they do best. The combo of Speight and his receivers produce a very nice short to mid range passing game. Combine that with a pounding, hard to tackle RB like Smith and what appears to be a competent back that can cut and accelerate past defenders in Evans, who needs the deep ball. All of that said in the context of, it was Hawaii.
        Actually he did throw deep once, it was just under thrown. First quarter throw to Darborah if I'm remembering correctly.

I thought he was pretty ok once he settled in. Most throws were on time and accurate. He wasn't asked to do a lot, but when he needed to pick up the 3rd down it was there.

In the stands I do remember on that long throw that he missed a wide open Jake Butt over the middle though.

Comment

• When everything else is working, no point in taking risk of throwing deep.

Comment

• I would imagine that the ability to through long passes is a basic requirement for a QB at a place like Michigan. Does it really make much of a difference is a guy can throw it 60 yards as opposed to 55? I guess that that would be part of the competition. Maybe as important as how fast a QB can run?

Comment

• People seem to forget how Ruddick sucked throwing the long ball at the start of the season (esp against Utah) By season's end he was spot on. Give Speight some time.

Comment

• How do you spell Speight right and whiff on Rudock?

Comment

• Eastern Washington is a good team with a fatastic qb. Check out his stat line. 35 - 41 for almost 500 yards and 5 td's and a long touchdown run.
                  That may be, one thing is for sure I will never watch them play at home. That field should be illegal, Boise also. Last season, Wazzu opened the year with a loss to Portland State

Comment

• Speaking for myself, I've known other Ruddock's spelled this way and only Jake Rudock spelled the way he does.

Comment

• NCAA Suspends 30 kids
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The NCAA never passes up an opportunity to show off how fucking dumb they are.

Comment

• I'm wondering if Charleston Southern is just going to forfeit the game. I'm sure they need the money, but I don't know that you can in good conscience send 40 or so FCS backups and walk-ons to play Florida State. That might be one of the worst competitive notions entertained by a Southern administration since Pickett's Charge.
                          Last edited by JRB; September 9, 2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Could legit be a 97-0 FSU win.
                            OSU scored 77 vs Bowling Green.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Remember Chaminade
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yes, I still miss Dave Rickart.

As I recall, Bezerklie and Rickart were thick as thieves; basically of one mind on all matters. It seems entirely believable, even probable, that they separated at birth from their harpy of a mother. And they both managed to find shitass Commonwealth schools to support.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X