No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri was suppose to be part of the Baylor pack. If true, they have no options
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I guess if the Okies are going to go somewhere, I'd rather it be the PAC-10, so that maybe they can get two more teams and then the old PAC-8 can be one of the divisions.

Comment

• 16 teams is too many but would work in the Pac because of the original Pac 8 wanting to be one division and the more recent additions being in another...

I hope we don't see the SEC, B10 and ACC go to 16 as well. 16 is just too damn many teams, I'd like to play Purdue, Penn State, Indiana, Wisconsin & Illinois more than once every 3-4 years.

Comment

• Me too. Nothing bigger than 12 makes much sense.

Comment

• Some wished for a play-off system, we're going to get it but the cost for CFB in terms of honoring and preserving its traditions is going to be high.

16 team conferences and 8 team divisions is going to be difficult to maintain any semblance of normalcy in terms of the long standing character of the premier ones (PAC 10, SEC, BIG, ACC, B8/12).

I'm also not convinced that the lesser teams in the conferences that will be absorbed by the premier ones benefit. There is going to be a definite pecking order that will evolve and create three tiers with the lesser teams rarely seeing a conference play-off or other than the third rate bowls.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• And its going to be a nightmare trying to recruit at schools that will end up being left out of the BCS configuration. If a kid wants to go to the NFL, he'd be crazy to go to a school that is not part of the BCS.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Former Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden says in an interview with USA Today that he was treated for prostate cancer in early 2007.

More...

Comment

• The final score of USC Trojans win over Utah Utes at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum has officially been changed from 17-14 to 23-14 after the Pac-12 Conference and USC worked to review a game-ending penalty call, a school spokesperson said Saturday.

More...

Comment

• Andy Staples: Realignment threat creating game of chicken in college athletics
                    Texas A&M is bolting the Big 12. Baylor is threatening a lawsuit. Realignment is causing a gridlock in college athletics, and as Andy Staples explains, Oklahoma now holds the most value.

More...

Comment

• Source: Texas, Oklahoma officials talk Big 12 future
                      A person with knowledge of the situation says Texas and Oklahoma officials met over the weekend amid speculation that the Sooners are considering leaving the Big 12.

More...

Comment

• Bla... Gag me!

Comment

• MSU is just Nike's latest bitch.

Comment

• I knew you would like them :-)

Comment

• I would be fine with them if they had been designed for Baylor. Those are Baylor's colors, and their existing uniforms are ugly as **** anyway.

Comment

• I don't like them, the colors are wrong as pointed out. They are just plain ugly, the worst so far has been Georgia. Not sure what I thought of Maryland, but it seemed to work for them they got what they wanted, lots of talk about a school not known for football.

Comment

Working...
                                X