No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND losing is the cherry on top; what a freakin' game.
    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Their white WB looks like he's 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        That was a classic. Just amazing. Brian Kelly's anguish is tonic for the soul!
        Ha!
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yup, Michigan will move ahead of LSU and Oklahoma in the national rankings to #5.

Comment

• If FSU loses to Ole Miss, perhaps Michigan can move up to #4.
            I'm not sure if they would jump Ole Miss up over Michigan. It could be pretty close with the other top 10 teams falling out.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Maybe Notre Dame should have played a "tune up game" before playing Ha!
              Attached Files
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I didn't realize that Brian Kelly has only won 10 games or more twice in his 6 seasons.
                If Notre Dame goes like 9-3 this year, I wonder if he starts to feel more pressure, if not already.
                2/7 10+ win seasons at ND? That wouldn't be good enough for Michigan.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Brian Kelly labors under the same sometimes too high expectations that M fans have. Doubt he gets let go despite the clamoring of the fan base.

ND doesn't have a Jim Hackett nor a President who really understands how important a winning football program is to keeping ND in the news and the money flowing in to the U. They also don't have an idiot like Dave Brandon who was the catalyst for Hackett who then hired Harbaugh. Finally, who are they going to hire to replace Kelly? No chance Herman is even looking at that.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't agree. I think Herman would definitely look at ND ... however, I didn't expect to see Kelly on the hot seat.
                    Last edited by Pasadena Blue; September 5, 2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Fair enough on Herman. It's really unclear what he's likely to do. Houston isn't going to be able to afford to hang on to him when the suitors come calling and pretty sure that is going to happen quickly, ND won't be one of them, obviating him replacing Kelly.

I do think Kelly is going to take a good deal of fan/donor heat for the loss to Texas and that loss will linger throughout the season unless he gets ND into a playoff spot. Then they will love him ....... Until ND gets thrashed by someone like Bama.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ND has a hell of an up hill fight to get to a playoff spot. The Texas loss out the gate really hurts them, especially if Texas stumbles down the road, which is a real possibility. The MSU game becomes critical. ND can't lose that or all hope is lost regardless of what Texas may do.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                          ND has a hell of an up hill fight to get to a playoff spot. The Texas loss out the gate really hurts them, especially if Texas stumbles down the road, which is a real possibility. The MSU game becomes critical. ND can't lose that or all hope is lost regardless of what Texas may do.
                          That's great isn't it? I hope they miss out on a playoff spot because they don't play in a conference.

Greedy bastards.

Comment

• "That's great isn't it?"

Yep!

Comment

• Still think Herman ends up in the NFL. I also think he might stay in Houston for a few more years. They're B12 bound. And there's no reason he can't have them near the top of that conference.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                                Texas wins, 50-47 in double overtime, and we have our first contender for game of the year. That was fun.
                                Wow, I was watching that game happy as a clam that Texas was whopping those stinking golden domers so I switched to a chick flick to placate the wife (I didn't have a horse in this race other than I hate ND so I didn't care ). Looks like I missed a barn burner. Probably better since ND coming back would have raised my blood pressure.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X