No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why? And talk of ND coming to the Big, that train has come and gone. Such talk is why I hold you in such contempt.

Comment

• B1G likely knows none of those schools are interested, we don't.

Comment

• I doubt UNC or UVA would leave the ACC unless the ACC falls apart. OU is a realistic option and would certainly add depth to the west. They are also one of the top10 programs of all time in football. I doubt you'd pass that up.
        Last edited by entropy; January 16, 2016, 05:46 PM.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• BTW.. Hoke is now the DC at Oregon
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Hoke hasn't been a DC since he coached high school (1982)... He has always been a D-line coach or head coach.

I'm curious how this works out. At the very least, Oregon might have a good d-line and get a couple highly rated recruits (doesn't mean they will be good at Oregon).
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He'll clap his hands a lot and then apologize to opposing coaches when his defense gets rolled. One positive thing ..... He probably won't cry
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• LOL -- his first coordinator job.

Comment

• I don't see what could go wrong.

Comment

• Comment

• If you're happy and you know it...

Comment

• LOL! Maybe that's how he teaches tackling: ``if you're happy and you know it make a tackle!''

Seriously, I could see this hire working out. He's DC for a team that doesn't play very much defense and in a conference that doesn't play very much defense, but he sure can recruit. Surely he was valued for the latter ability.

Comment

• I'm doubting Brady Hoke's defense will be that good with schemes... when to call blitzes, zone, man, etc... stuff that pro Madden players and actual good defensive minds (Bill Belichick, Nick Saban, Bud Foster) do.
                          For example:
                          DeShaun Watson was torching Bama on the ground in the 1st half. Saban/ Kirby Smart make the adjustment to have 3 D-linemen rush and one LB spy.

Just overall teaching his players, what has Brady Hoke done in the past that shows he can do that for the entire Oregon defense?
                          Sure, Hoke has a good understanding of defensive line techniques. What about the LBs, DBs?
                          My prediction: It will be an ok hire. A lot of pros (d-line, recruiting) and cons (schemes, teaching the entire defense to play as an unit ).
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Oregon media is less than enthusiastic with Brady Hoke hiring.
                            Oregon HC selling Hoke as the de facto DC for many years! LOL

Good luck and good riddance.

You gotta hear this:

The former Michigan coach spoke with Oregon coach Mark Helfrich by phone "three to four" times, and also spoke with the man he's succeeding, Don Pellum.
                            Last edited by Prime2; January 20, 2016, 03:08 PM.
                            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• The Register-Guard:

Oregon has signed Hoke, the former Michigan head coach, to a three-year, $1.8 million contract. His guaranteed compensation in 2016 will be $400,000 with a significant bump to $700,000 in guaranteed compensation in 2017 and 2018.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• That's what Nike money will get you!

Comment

Working...
                                X