No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gets the last spot in CFP if Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State last game of the season?

Stanford (Pac 12) with 2-losses, Iowa (12-1), Ohio State (11-1) or OkSU (11-1)?

Comment

• Talent,

WRONG!
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That was just stupid. Go for it there Stanford

Comment

• I think Stanford was next in. The SEC question would have been Bama at 11-1 or Stanford/Ole Miss at 11-2.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            For the most part, I think looking at the 5 year recruiting of each B10 team is a good indicator of how well they have played in their bowl game. The biggest difference is Michigan's domination of Florida thanks to Harbaugh's elite coaching.

Stanford 15th ranked 5 year recruiting , Iowa 50th ... Stanford winning 21-0
            Michigan 11th, Florida 8th ... Michigan won 41-7 .... Harbaugh effect.
            Tennessee 13th, NW 44th ... Tennessee won 45-6
            Alabama 1st, MSU 27th ... Alabama won 38-0
            Ohio State 2nd, ND 10th... OSU won 44-28
            Minnesota 65th, Central Michigan 101st ... Minnesota won 21-14 (barely won).
            IU 55th, Duke 56th ... Duke won 44-41 in OT.

Good stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
              It really is all about recruiting. The best players will win or lose. Coaching is more of an intangible thing. Over the course of the game the team with the best players win. Having said that they're are great coaches that can out prepare you if all things are equal. like a Saban or Meyer, and Harbaugh. There's a few odd ball teams that get top recruits but are still mediocre like Texas but overall gimmi the best players and I'll beat you.

It's about both.. You need to build a system, get the right guys and then make sure there is chemistry. You still have to teach and mentally prepare, but it is easier to scheme when you don't have to cover holes.

Comment

• Iowa is outscoring Stanford 10-3 in the second half.

Comment

• We also need to remind ourselves these are kids and sometimes they fall apart in bowl games... Iowa is better than they've shown, despite my current amusement

Comment

• Exactly, ent. A single game is not neccesarily indicative of a team's true strength.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Which is the issue in CFB as a lot of these teams play only 2-4 quality opponents in a 12-game regular season...

I mean, outside the SEC of course.

Comment

• Update Iowa 16-3 in the second half.

Comment

• Looks like the sets are even at 1...time for the tiebreak!
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Update Iowa 16-3 in the second half.
                            Make that 16-10. Great second half for the Hawkeyes! If it wasn't for that damn aggregate scoring system...!

This is what happens when the parents fall asleep at the wheel.

Comment

• How much gum does Ferentz chew?

Comment

Iowa is outscoring Stanford 10-3 in the second half.
                                Their commitment to the run paid off!

Comment

Working...
                                X