No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm wondering what LSU is thinking if Les Miles job is on the line?

Who are they going to get to replace him? And if I've read the story correctly, he along with his assistants all have buyouts, which total somewhere in the area of 17 million.

Sheesh. He's only got 2 losses.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• LSU fans are apparently spoiled enough to have completely forgotten the 90's

Comment

• Miles hasn't won the NT since '07, fire him!

Comment

• They could do so much better

Charlie McClendon (1962-79) 137-59-7 (.692)
          Jerry Stovall (1980-83) 22-21-2 (.511)
          Bill Arnsparger (1984-86) 26-8-2 (.750)
          Mike Archer (1987-90) 27-18-1 (.598 )
          Curley Hallman (1991-94) 16-28 (.364)
          Gerry DiNardo (1995-99) 32-24-1 (.570)
          Nick Saban (2000-04) 48-16 (.750)
          Les Miles (2005-) 110-31 (.780)

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
            Even Sparty blow hard Mike Valenti says his team has no chance. Which I think is ridiculously over doing it...as if setting up fans for a defeatist mindset to lessen the blow of losing.
            He's a sandbagger but he may be right this time.

Comment

• Ohio should win, and likely cover, but an MSU victory would not be a shocker.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's like when GB fans booed their 6-2 team at home or Cinci fans booed their 8-0 team on MNF at home.
                Yes, the Packers offense has been struggling recently and yes, Dalton chokes on prime time TV.
                But please, appreciate your overall wins.

LSU fans realistically can't get much better than Miles. Appreciate him for the overall work.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• What short memories CFB fans have.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah-- Kinda how people here feel about Carr. (the only UM coach to win a MNC in the last 65 years.)

Comment

• From Brian, Dantonios split between Volley Ball dutys and football wont help.

Last edited by WingsFan; November 19, 2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Klat goes off on a "conspiracy" against the Big 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                          Yeah-- Kinda how people here feel about Carr. (the only UM coach to win a MNC in the last 65 years.)
                          For the record...... I love Lloyd. But, damn, you and I were both tired of his game conservatism and off-tackle-left mentality.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            For the record...... I love Lloyd. But, damn, you and I were both tired of his game conservatism and off-tackle-left mentality.
                            I think you are indirectly making Stan's point. The Michigan fan base as a whole did tire of that off tackle mentality, but it turns out that it was a problem more with the Michigan fan base than the coaching staff. It is very easy to see the flaws of the status quo, but it is harder to forecast the flaws of the new future staff.

Comment

• Lloyd Carr lost far too many games against opponents he should've handled easily. Even with elite talent, you could count on the game cm being decided in the fourth quarter...

Lloyd supporter but he probably should've retired 2-3 seasons earlier than he did. I noticed M talent level dropping nearly every season after 2003 and felt M was destined for 8-4 mediocrity with Outback Bowls in their future...

Lloyd from 97 - 04 was outstanding, albeit frustrating with his nearly guaranteed loss in September. Tressel shut down the borders to Ohio and outcoached him in every The Game.

Comment

• Yup Carr never beat Ohio State since I've been a viewer (2004 / Chad Henne's freshman year).
                                That was the frustrating thing to me... And some of the bowl performances.
                                The 2nd half of the 2006 Michigan vs USC game was terrible.

I would never boo him though. He is no Matt Millen or Jim Schwartz.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X