No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac 12 is out. Clemson and Bama are in. That leaves two spots for ND/B12/B10. I think the Big Ten champ has to be undefeated to get in unless Stanford beats ND. OSU likely goes 13-0 and locks up a spot without any help. The last spot will likely come down to B12 champ vs. ND.

Comment

• If we would agree that Clemson is the best team,and we might not, Alabama is a very close second.

Mayfield makes OU tough but I don't think that team is overall better than The Nick's boys.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• With 6, 7, 9, and 10 losing, I wonder if Michigan can jump in the polls a little bit.
        UNC and Oklahoma will probably have the biggest jumps this week in the polls.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I don't see how Michigan can move up in the polls with their defense being shredded by pedestrian teams over the past 3 games. PSU an OSU can't wait to face that defense.

All that being said, I'm glad to see the wins. Style points mean absolutely nothing for Michigan right now. Scoreboard means everything, because scoreboard translates to the recruiting trails. Its the #2 thing that recruits look at, with the depth chart being #1. Ugly wins, lucky wins, bad wins, good wins, officiating mistake wins, .. it doesn't matter. Michigan needs wins in this transitional year.

And can we please put an end to the silly talk about Michigan being in the playoffs? Its not happening. Mortal L.O.C.K. And this season isn't about Michigan getting into the playoffs. Its about turnaround and transition. That seems to be taking place.

I'd like to see Michigan put PSU in the "w" column this week, but the coaching staff has their work cut out for them. PSU is looking at recent M game films, and I'm sure they love what they see. This run defense has to be shored up, and fast.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Up thread I've seen several references to a potential 11-2 UM creeping into the playoff equation. I think that is absolutely crazy. We've been hanging on by a thread the past 2 weeks as the injuries pile up. Harbaugh has squeezed the absolute maximum potential out of this squad that is thin (and getting thinner) on tip-flight talent as the weeks wear on. Harbaugh deserves a "coaching Heisman" for what he has accomplished this year. If we end up 10-3 I'll be somewhat surprised. Our squad is gasping for air right now.

Comment

• I'm with you, Doc.

I don't see how anyone can look at the last 3 games or so, and consider Michigan playoff material.

These next two games will likely end such talk.

Now, .. next year? We might be able to have a serious discussion about playoffs.

Comment

• And another one (or two) bite the dust, transferring over to Hanni's dark side. Foolish as it may seem some of us are feeling the force.

Comment

• I'm still optimistic about PSU, Stan. I said over a week ago, that I expected the Indiana game to be Minnesota Act II, and it pretty much was just that. I also said I was more concerned about Indiana, than I was PSU. In my mind, nothing has changed about that.

I think Michigan's defense matches up better against PSU's offense, then they did against Indiana's O.

PSU's defense will be more problematic for Michigan's O, but Rudock seems to be finding a groove with his receivers. It may be just in time.

I agree with Dan Dierdorf about the running game vs the passing game. We need to be able to run, but if we pass better than we run, then maybe the game plan has to be passing-heavy. Just seems to make sense to me.

Comment

• I thought there would be more talent to work with than there is. Recruiting was, across position groups, very inconsistent. It's amazing that we have two five-star backs on this team and Harbaugh wants nothing to do with them. That's good fuel for linesman's stars-don't-matter argument. As for me, I guess they are still eligible to meet my 10-2 prediction with a split against MSU/OSU. But it's looking more and more like that's gonna be a tall task. Glasgow is a serious blow. Serious problems in all three phases right now. The running game is disappearing into a deeper and deeper hole each week. Punk/kick return units are getting gashed bigtime. OSU is gonna have to be one hell of a gameplan from the staff.

Chesson is a bright spot. Maybe that's something to build on next week. In fact it's our greatest hope -- that a sudden emergence of a downfield passing game opens things up.

Comment

• Most of the Michigan playoff stuff is pot-stirring/sandbagging by Talent. Pay no mind. What IS real is that a Michigan win over PSU next week sets up a winner-take-all game with OSU on the 28th. That's where my focus is. How long has it been since that game determimed the conference/division champion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Most of the Michigan playoff stuff is pot-stirring/sandbagging by Talent. ......... How long has it been since that game determimed the conference/division champion?
                        Right, talent, for sure. He's going to praising M for the next two weeks. Get used to it.

How long has it been? 9 years (11/18/2006).
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I want a major bowl, 9-3 would be a terrific season given expectations and give M a lot of momentum in recruiting...

Possibility of CFP for M is nearly nil, nearly all 1-loss teams will jump in front of them.

Comment

• I'm there with you, WM.

Most prognosticators had Michigan struggling to finish .500 this year, and Harbaugh has smashed that idea. Even with losses in the next two games, Michigan at 8-4 is a good starting point for the Harbaugh regime in its first year .... with Hoke's players.

Comment

• Need to win at least one out of the last three.

Comment

• Most of the Michigan playoff stuff is pot-stirring/sandbagging by Talent.
                                There are multiple threads on these very thing at MGO and anyone taking your position is chastised.

M is looking like a potential CFP contender.

Most prognosticators had Michigan struggling to finish .500 this year, and Harbaugh has smashed that idea
                                No. Most had them at 7 to 8 wins.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X