No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With everyone scheduling as many cupcakes as possible out-of-conference, it's difficult to play a tough schedule so far unless your conference schedule was front loaded.

Comment

• 1-loss Alabama seems high at 4.

Comment

• Baylor beat Lamar and held Kansas to 7, that's great.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Here is how the CFP Rankings' top 25 looks as of Nov. 3:

1. Clemson (8-0)
          2. LSU (7-0)
          3. Ohio State (8-0)
          4. Alabama (7-1)
          5. Notre Dame (7-1)
          6. Baylor (7-0)
          7. Michigan State (8-0)
          8. TCU (8-0)
          9. Iowa (8-0)
          10. Florida (7-1)
          11. Stanford (7-1)
          12. Utah (7-1)
          13. Memphis (8-0)
          14. Oklahoma State (8-0)
          15. Oklahoma (7-1)
          16. Florida State (7-1)
          17. Michigan (6-2)
          18. Ole Miss (7-2)
          19. Texas A&M (6-2)
          20. Mississippi State (6-2)
          21. Northwestern (6-2)
          22. Temple (7-1)
          23. UCLA (6-2)
          24. Toledo (7-0)
          25. Houston (8-0)
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Toledo lost last night

Comment

• M has a difficult path to the CFP, but it can still be done.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• No it can't. But we can spoil someone else's party.

Comment

• We need somebody to pull off a huge upset against MSU, OSU to beat MSU, and Michigan winning out.

Fun trivia fact -- if we play in the B1G championship game and then the national championship game I think that means that Mario Ojemudia becomes eligible for a medical redshirt.

Comment

• No it can't. But we can spoil someone else's party.
                    Potentially. It would require knocking Ohio State out of the B10 CG, I think. For example, if OSU beats MSU and M loses another game and then beats OSU, then OSU is in the B10 CG playing an 11-1 or 12-0 Iowa. At that point things would be beyond OSU's control, but I think there are very plausible scenarios where they could still make it with a win in that game.

Of course, M will win out so it's moot. M needs Stanford or Notre Dame to lose a game and then have the team that loses a game win the Stanford-ND game so both end up with 2 losses. And, of course, Utah to lose again. Then they need FSU to beat Clemson and, ideally, Florida to beat FSU. That would open the door wide open for any B10 champ -- in this case the most likely winner is M.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• you just lost any remaining credibility you had here

Comment

• M is on the outside looking in, in every realistic scenario. Two losses is 1 too many and M probably has at least another loss in them if the offense doesn't improve dramatically when they start playing offenses with a pulse.
                        Last edited by WM Wolverine; November 4, 2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                          you just lost any remaining credibility you had here
                          My thoughts exactly ....... and to think I thought talent's analysis of things CFB was right up there. Heh, heh.

Per Hanni ..... "No they (M) can't (make the CFB playoff)."

Besides the path to a berth being improbable, M fails the eyeball test.

They are a well coached CFB team with significant shortcomings and against good/determined/well coached opponents, they don't look good at all.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm getting sick of hearing about the eyeball test when I'm sure some of these analysts eyeballs are not viewing all the games.

Comment

• Well I, for one, recognized the intended humor of Talent's post.

Comment

• Looking at the remaining schedule of undefeated and 1-loss teams, it's alarming how little they'll actually play each other. M as a 2-loss team won't be able to rise as quickly as programs with 1-loss currently ranked below them...

In the fantasy scenario of winning out, M is still on the outside looking in at the CFP.

Comment

Working...
                                X