No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbaugh won't be playing for 3rd place in the BTE. He will set his sights higher.

As I go thru Michigan's upcoming schedule, I was looking at the various coaching staffs that we'll be facing. I'm obviously biased, but I have a hard time choosing any of our opponent's coaching staffs over the one we have now.

And ohio opinions don't count.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• heh
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm obviously biased, but I have a hard time choosing any of our opponent's coaching staffs over the one we have now.
        Indeed. And three years ago you maintained that Hoke was every bit the coach that Saban was. But, then again, this is HARBAUGH!!!! -- the greatest coach in the history of the world. The only person on his staff I might replace is Mattison...but only if I could get Belichick as a replacement.

Harbaugh won't be playing for 3rd place in the BTE. He will set his sights higher.
        I agree. I'm sure he wasn't playing for 9th in his first season at Stanford...or 6th in his 2nd season...or 4th in his 3rd season or 2nd in his last season. But that's how it turned out. UFM and Dantonio, while not in the same league as NFL MACHINE, INC., aren't bad coaches and they have some decent players. I realize it would be a shock if HARBAUGH!!! didn't win the East, but it's possible he may finish 3rd.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• His competition for third is Penn State, Rutgers, and Maryland. Beating those last two needs to be a no-brainer.

Comment

• But, I like Harbaugh's chances to do that IVO urbz' remarkable 12-0 in his first year. It can be done.
            My one criticism of you, Buchanan, isn't your incoherent expression of thought, ill-temper, foul personal hygiene, tenuous grasp of reality or shameful aversion to logic. Heh. No, my biggest criticism of you is your inapplicable resort to history.

For example, 1969 isn't 2015. And the 2012 B10 isn't the 2015 B10. UFM caught a huge break in 2012. He played a joke OoC and the B10 was a joke. There wasn't a single legitimate top 10 team in the conference. Ohio State was the best team and, IMO, they were borderline top 10. They were not very good. It took a really long time for the offense to come around. In their two biggest games, they won at EL scoring 17 and won at Madison scoring 21 with only 1 offensive TD in regulation. The LB play was so awful they had to move a FB to LB and HE STARTED....and MADE A DIFFERENCE!

If JH's teams perform at the same level as UFM's 2012 team this season, they'll finish 8-4/9-3. Ohio State is the real f'n deal. Michigan State is going to be stout, too. Connor Cook is legit. Those two teams would have crushed the 2012 B10.

Comment

• His competition for third is Penn State, Rutgers, and Maryland. Beating those last two needs to be a no-brainer.
              Yes. I expect M to avenge losses to Rutgers and Maryland. Heh. That sentence is full of hilarity.

Penn State, I think, will be an interesting matchup. Both teams should play pretty decent defense, though I think I like PSU's a touch better, but that could easily swing. Neither offense should be particularly dangerous. Another 17-13 type game could easily be in store, and it's at HV.

Comment

• I'm still pissed about that loss to OSU in 2012.

Comment

• But, then again, this is HARBAUGH!!!! -- the greatest coach in the history of the world.
                  Oh no .. no way. Everyone but a few of us holdouts in the mitten kisses the backside of the Urban Myth. No other team in any sport ever, on the entire face of the earth, has assembled the coaching mastery of Meyer and ohio.

And Dantonio has made everyone forget that there is a university in Ann Arbor. Just ask around.

Comment

• Yeah ask around, everyone says that.

Comment

• Yep.

Comment

• Liney thought Hoke was a better coach than Saban (and obviously UFM). Heck, he still might.

He now thinks JH and his staff are the best in the B10.

No shame in being a homer, it's just, well, a homer opinion.

Comment

• Nate Craig-Myers decommits from Auburn. His next landing place will likely be Florida State. He's definitely a kid that you don't want to get an early lead for. Will be interesting to where he lands on NLOID. Big-time player.

Comment

• I'm OK with having Dantonio as a coach. He just produced 2 1st round picks out of 2 stars. Next year there will probably be a another 1st rounder from a 0 star should he declare as a junior. So he's been doing OK.

There's no issue with being a homer, it's more of the imaginary strawmen he's burning down about MSU fans insisting that Dantonio has made people forget there is a university in Ann Arbor. That's not really a thing, if anything it is the opposite. The worst MSU fans never let you forget there is a university in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              There's no issue with being a homer, it's more of the imaginary strawmen he's burning down about MSU fans insisting that Dantonio has made people forget there is a university in Ann Arbor..
                              Who said that?

Comment

• Liney:

And Dantonio has made everyone forget that there is a university in Ann Arbor. Just ask around.
                                Standard stuff. He's either all-homer (his truth) or, when he gets called, all-sarcasm. If you took issue with his proclamation that Hoke > Saban, then it was met with "Saban is jesus" stuff. If you don't think JH and his staff are the best in the B10, well...

Eh, the ebbs and flows of a CFB forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X