No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, if the NCAA enforces its policies as uniformly as they have in the past, Jawja will win the next National Title.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's his image, autograph or whatever. He owns it, he should be able to sell it. But that's another story.
      Or barter it!

Honestly, though, this stupid rule has gotten huge run in the past 3-4 years. Every kid should know about it even without compliance pounding the table over it -- and I'm sure this is actually one rule that compliance hammers on. Why? Because you're creating goods for the f'n commercial marketplace, so someone is going to ask questions. Now, the devil is in the details -- if they can't show he was paid, then it's all for naught. Ol' Johnny Manziel was just up in that hotel room signing 100s of items out of his own kindness. I'm sure Todd Gurley has a similar heart of gold. What I'm not sure about is whether Georgia is as brazen as A&M. My sense has always been that amongst the SEC, Georgia (and Florida) were far more on the up and up than the flagrant SEC West. A&M, with SWC roots and SEC West membership, fit right in. Georgia is already being more proactive than A&M -- it seems. We'll see how much time Gurley actually misses.

Oh, and to reiterate -- stupid fucking rule.
      Last edited by iam416; October 10, 2014, 07:20 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• slippery slope Jeff... the NCAA can't allow it to happen.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• They knew the rules when they signed up. Life ain't fair. At the very least it should be unfair to everyone to the same extent.

Comment

• If I'm Todd Gurley I'm cleaning my locker out now and getting ready for the NFL Draft. UGA has thrown him under the proverbial bus. F them.

Agree is a fucking stupid rule. F the NCAA. This shit is peanuts yet they choose to look at stupid ass shit like this. Whack-A-Mole enforcement at best.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If I'm Todd Gurley I'm cleaning my locker out now and getting ready for the NFL Draft.
              He can't be drafted until 2016, can he?

Comment

• He's a junior.

Comment

• Oh.. ok.

For some reason I thought he was a freshman.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    If I'm Todd Gurley I'm cleaning my locker out now and getting ready for the NFL Draft. UGA has thrown him under the proverbial bus. F them.

Agree is a fucking stupid rule. F the NCAA. This shit is peanuts yet they choose to look at stupid ass shit like this. Whack-A-Mole enforcement at best.

yes.. cause if you open it up, I'm sure the next kid who signs with Auburn won't get 10k for some signatures...
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Miami's attendance is notoriously bad but...holy shitballs. They may have set a new low standard this weekend

Playing college football in an NFL stadium often looks depressing, but this takes it to a new level.

Comment

• I had season tickets for a few years, my S-N-L graduated from Miami's Law School as a pleasing gesture.

50 yard line, 10 rows up from the Miami bench, paid 1000s of dollars a year even when you could get face or much less in the parkinglot.

Even the FSU games had a few 1000 seats left!
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• They are an awful fanbase. Actually, I take that back. The problem is only about 10% of the people in attendance at the games are genuine fans/alums. The rest are bandwaggoners who know pathetically little about football and are there to be seen, feel like a winner, because it's trendy, or because they want to get drunk and pick fights. Those are the people I enjoy seeing suffer...only they are probably all 'over' football anyways and are being douches down on South Beach instead.

Comment

• Well Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore so let me help you out.

The fundamental problem is the University of Miami is a private, nonsectarian university located in Coral Gables, Florida and there is no stadium on campus. Coral Gables is a very old, historic and wealthy city that will not allow a new stadium to be built.

The old Orange Bowl was actually west of downtown Miami, located in "Little Havana" where anything goes! They were wild times and the old steel stadium used to sway when licentious hipsters cut loose! The old gal failed to pass a hurricane inspection and was demolished, erected 1935, 5 Super Bowls, Broadway Joe, hell even Kenndy's "I'm a Berliner" speech called it home.

Now fans must travel 20 miles north and west of Ft. Lauderdale to Dolphins stadium, to a cold NFL experience, detached from college life. They have bus/shuttles that transport 1000's of students but it sucks, most of the students carpool in their trendy BMW's anyway. The Prime would often make the weekly pilgrimage by Range Rover or Bentley instead.

The north endzone student section is still well-represented but with so many other recreational/cultural/social options it has become a tough sell these days.

Having your entire corrupt football program stuck in the shitter doesn't help either.

If you are ever my way DSL, look me up. A bad day on SOBE beats the hell out of any day in O-H-I-O!
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 12, 2014, 02:12 PM.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• A bad day on SOBE beats the hell out of any day in O-H-I-O!
                              Yeah, I'd have to agree with that ...

Comment

• Wheels coming off in Tallahassee.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...h-quicker-than

Comment

Working...
                                X