No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASU 55-34 in the 4th - Wow, im going to have to enjoy this while it lasts!! The nail in Lanes coffin :-(

Comment

• "The effort seemed like it was pretty good, but the execution wasn't there all day in certain areas," Rodriguez said. "That's disappointing because we thought our guys were really ready to play and ready to handle the environment and the weather and all that. We just didn't play well at times."

This after the Huskies kicked Arizona's butt with a good D and strong run game.

Suppose I'm just looking for proof but the way Rodriguez puts his teams together and how he runs them in game just doesn't seem to work well when he faces competent defense. His final year at WVU was probably an unsustainable fluke.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 29, 2013, 07:59 AM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Managed to watch a quarter or so of that game in horror, 3 years of flashbacks, although it was raining heavily RR is damn joke, period.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• USC fired Kiffin!

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...games-20410096
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Have to applaud Haden's swift, well deserved action.

Kiffen is a mess.

What I like about the decision is that it recognizes CFB is big business. You can't have an underperformer, and Kiffen was all of that, running the organization into the ground.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A tragic loss for the CFB community

Comment

• Maybe he could continue his tradition of trading up and get the ND job soon
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• According to Deadspin, Hayden pulled Kiffin off the bus at the airport and fired him on the spot. The team bus went on and Kiffin had to find a ride home from the airport. I can't stand Kiffin but that's a no class act on the part of SC
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                    According to Deadspin, Hayden pulled Kiffin off the bus at the airport and fired him on the spot. The team bus went on and Kiffin had to find a ride home from the airport. I can't stand Kiffin but that's a no class act on the part of SC
                    lol...that's horrible

Comment

• Really? 2.4 M a year for 4 years of shit?

Actually Kiffin is quietly laughing his ass off like Weis.

Comment

• Actually Kiffin is quietly laughing his ass off like Weis.
                        I would be too.

ESPN reported that Pat Haden did indeed meet Kiffen as he stepped off the bus with the rest of the team, and told him on the spot that he was relieved of his coaching duties. Kiffen reportedly took it well, but the part about him finding his own way home while the team bus moved on is bogus. They were on campus.

I laughed out loud when they mentioned one possible successor .... Herm Edwards.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well If Michigan wanted a Michigan Man, would that mean USC wants a Trojan Man?

Comment

• ESPN reported that Pat Haden did indeed meet Kiffen as he stepped off the bus with the rest of the team, and told him on the spot that he was relieved of his coaching duties. Kiffen reportedly took it well, but the part about him finding his own way home while the team bus moved on is bogus. They were on campus.
                            Trojans dismiss coach Lane Kiffin

Updated: September 29, 2013, 4:31 PM ET
                            ESPN.com news services

USC Fires Lane Kiffin

Jesse Palmer and Danny Kanell discuss USC's decision to fire football coach Lane Kiffin.Tags: USC, Lane Kiffin, Jesse Palmer, Danny Kannell

NEXT VIDEO

LOS ANGELES -- The USC Trojans fired coach Lane Kiffin less than six hours after dropping to 3-2 after a blowout loss at Arizona State.
                            Ed Orgeron was picked as USC's interim head coach by athletic director Pat Haden later Sunday. The Trojans (3-2, 0-2 Pac-12) have eight games left on their 13-game schedule.

More from ESPN.com

Every coach has positives and negatives. Lane Kiffin's issue at USC was that his flaws were exceedingly harder for his boss to look past, Gene Wojciechowski writes. Story
                            The problem with coaching USC is you're coaching USC. If you don't really understand what that means, you're doomed, writes Ted Miller. Blog

The decision to fire Lane Kiffin wasn't a hasty reaction to one bad game. It was the culmination of several bad games and decisions that made it clear this move had to be made now, writes Arash Markazi. Story
                            ? Vote: What's next for USC?
                            ? Haney: Candidates for job
                            ? Recruits react to firing
                            ? Stats & Info: Kiffin Era struggles

Orgeron was Kiffin's assistant head coach and the former Mississippi head coach.
                            Haden fired Kiffin at the Trojans' private airport terminal in Los Angeles when the team plane returned from Arizona early Sunday morning following the 62-41 loss in Tempe, but not before a 45-minute meeting in which Kiffin tried to change Haden's mind. The Trojans matched the most points allowed in school history in their seventh loss in 11 games.

Comment

• I hope USC goes 0-8 the rest of the season. Nothing woul be funnier than listening to contraceptive fans longing for the days of Kiffin...

AD Pat Haden had this to say about Kiffin, just before this season:

I anticipate the media will ask me if our football coach is on the hot seat this year. Here is my answer, and it will be my answer whenever I’m asked: He is not. I’m behind Lane Kiffin 100 percent. I have great confidence in him. He’s a very hard-working, detail-oriented coach. He’s a dynamic play-caller in my estimation, and he’s an exceptional recruiter. He knows USC and he knows what it takes to be successful here.
                              Last edited by Ghengis Jon; September 30, 2013, 08:05 AM.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• UConn Fires Pasqualoni
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X