The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DennisT View Post
    Rob was a Procol Harum fan. Think Souvenir In London.
    Now I'll have to Google that song..

Comment

• Cf has changed... Even OU is losing in state recruits to the SEC.

QB David Cornwell Norman, North 6'5" 235 N/A 4 stars 6.0 3 Alabama
      DE Deondre Clark Oklahoma City, OklahomaDouglass 6'3" 231 4.6 4 stars 6.0 6 LSU
      QB Justice Hansen Edmond, OklahomaSanta Fe 6'3" 200 4.7 4 stars 5.9 6 Oklahoma
      DB Steven Parker Jenks, OklahomaJenks 6'2" 185 N/A 4 stars 5.9 11 list
      LB Gyasi Akem Broken Arrow, OklahomaBroken Arrow 6'1" 210 N/A 4 stars 5.8 11 Oklahoma State
      RB Devon Thomas Broken Arrow, OklahomaBroken Arrow 5'11" 210 4.5 4 stars 5.8 18 Oklahoma State
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• FTR,I think Cornwell's only been in Oklahoma less than a year.

Comment

• Dennis T:
          Rob was a Procol Harum fan. Think Souvenir In London.
          Originally posted by Rob F View Post
          Now I'll have to Google that song..

Here it is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqwf9bYBcM4"]Procol Harum - Souvenir of London (1973) - YouTube[/ame]

Truth be told, I had heard this song eons ago but had never paid attention to it, never listened to the lyrics. In fact, I never knew until now that it was controversial back in those days.

After listening to it a few times in a row, though, I kinda like it, even if it is about coming home from London with a case of the clap. Thanks, Dennis!

Liney, are you saying that you didn't like Procul Harum? This one, IMO, is a classic:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F945LQG6fuA"]Procol Harum - "Conquistador" Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (1972) - YouTube[/ame]

This, too:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA"]A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum - YouTube[/ame]

...although the outfits they wear in that last video make them all look like fans of Dennis T (believe me, I've met the man and he still dresses like them, some 45 years later).
          Last edited by Rob F; June 30, 2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• And Liney, as far as Strawberry Alarm Clock is concerned, what's at all wrong with this?:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUET2FxJmh4"]Incense & Peppermints - Strawberry Alarm Clock From Psych Out 1968 - YouTube[/ame]

besides, it gave me an idea for a new ice cream dish you could make very popular at your ice scream stand, a variation on a strawberry sundae you might try to concoct, by adding liberal doses of caffeine and Hallucinatory mushrooms to the original recipe and renaming it the Strawberry Alarm Clock Sundae.

The Hallucinatory part has your name all over it, BTW! ;-)
            Last edited by Rob F; June 30, 2013, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• LOL .. I'll keep that in mind, Rob.

Especially when I see Ohio plates come into the parking lot ...
              Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• This video probably is more our speed, to be honest:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rCy173y7Y"]Liar, Liar - The Castaways (1965) - YouTube[/ame]

...I'll take MaryAnn, BTW, leaving Ginger and Lovey (Mrs. Howell) for you and Dennis to fight over.

Comment

• You and I would have to fight over Maryann ... she was definitely the cutest ...
                  Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• So this is where the geezers hang out.

Been on a little Van Morrison tear lately. His Band & The Street Choir and St Dominic's Preview.

Comment

• Right time of year for Van the Man. Always figured you listen to him at the beginning of the relationship and Dylan at the end.

Comment

• What's a sweetheart like you doing in a place like this?

I dunno. I think it best to show them how you really are early on. See what they can take.

Comment

• I always wonder if she can even feed herself. If so, its on!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            FTR,I think Cornwell's only been in Oklahoma less than a year.
                            ...and OU is moving away from the pocket passer-type quarterback.

Comment

• well... fuck my thoughts..

Comment

• Two projected Texas A&M starters, charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of criminal mischief stemming from an April incident in College Station, Texas, were released from jail Monday.

Senior safety Floyd Raven Sr., 20, and junior cornerback Deshazor Everett, 21, each turned themselves in and were released from jail Monday afternoon, according to the Brazos County Sheriff's official website. Warrants for Raven and Everett were issued on Friday, Brazos County sheriff Chris Kirk told ESPN on Monday.

ESPN's GigEmNation

GigEmNation ESPN.com's GigEmNation covers everything Texas A&M, including college football and recruiting. GigEmNation
                                More:
                                ? Recruiting news | Blog

Neither Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin nor athletic director Eric Hyman could be reached for comment.

Per Texas A&M athletics department policy, they both are suspended from all team activities, with the exception of academics and medical, pending further investigation into the matter.

Court documents obtained by TheEagle.com indicate that on April 30 two men received injuries after being struck in the face by Everett and Raven during a dispute at a College Station apartment complex. The documents state more than $500 in damage to a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe when Everett and Raven pounded and kicked the vehicle at the scene of the fight.

The fight apparently started at a bar when Everett and Raven sprayed champagne into a crowd, TheEagle.com reported based on the arrest report. Pushing and shoving ensued, but before a fight started it was broken up by College Station police and bouncers at the club, according to the arrest report.

The arrest report also said that Everett admitted to police the two players were involved in the altercation at the bar, and when they later saw the men from the bar pull up to Everett's complex, they were going to "finish what they started at the bar," TheEagle.com reported.

Everett made perhaps the Aggies' biggest defensive play of last season, intercepting A.J. McCarron's fourth-and-goal pass with 1:36 remaining in Texas A&M's 29-24 victory at Alabama.

Comment

Working...
                                X