No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well Freeze is going to pay a just a little more now to land #1 then he thought.

I liked how the article talked about how me made rounds to the sorority parties. This is a huge huge advantage that these SEC schools had. I imaging if Hoke ran recruits around to sorority parties at M (or brought on M hostesses), our chances of landing the recruit would go down.

It's a shame that we're not able to get more former college football stars to really spill the beans on what goes on in the recruitment process. Ironically, it's Maurice Clarett and other former Buckeyes have been the most helpful in better understanding this process.

Note to Talent/DSL ... I am in no way insinuating that Hoke and co don't also cheat, I am acknowledging that everyone does (to varying degrees), but am wishing we could understand the mechanisms more clearly.

Comment

• M's problem isn't so much the lack of sorority parties as the general lack of modestly attractive women. Unless the recruit is interested in in artsy, unshaven women's studies major, there's not much chance of getting laid unless they drive up the road to Ypsi. They can, however, easily find a Halo 3 battle.

Now, Ole Miss women...that's another story.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        M's problem isn't so much the lack of sorority parties as the general lack of modestly attractive women.
        Doesn't matter for an athlete. At every major university, with no exceptions, there is an ample population of elite 1% that is available to the star athletes. The benefit of being in SEC country is being an ordinary average joe and having fifteen chicks in your English class that look like the chick who was the captain of the cheerleading squad in high school.

Comment

• Rumors that Tunsil will also declare for Ole Miss.

Comment

• WTF did a major booster there just hit the lottery?

Comment

• No shit. We know that the going price for Means was $250K. We know that the price for Newton was $200K. Ole Miss has brought in 5 or 6 top shelf kids. Ordinarly they might pull 1 or 2 of those kids.

Comment

• I'm surprised that Hackenburg stayed with PSU this entire time. Kid can't play in a bowl game for his first few years and his supporting cast is going to be monkey shit. Even when the sanctions are over his senior year, it will take a couple more years to get everything back to par.

Overall, a pretty awful year for Big Ten recruiting outside of UM and OSU. Nebraska is pulling in a RichRod class and will probably end up between 15 and 20. After that, you drop down to the late 30s before you get to Wisky and PSU.
                Last edited by Hannibal; February 6, 2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Tunsil officially to Ole Miss. In a way, I'm glad. Ole Miss is harmless. Let them buy those players away from LSU, Alabama, Florida, etc -- teams that can actually put togther 3 or 4 good classes in a row and be a legit threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Tunsil officially to Ole Miss. In a way, I'm glad. Ole Miss is harmless. Let them buy those players away from LSU, Alabama, Florida, etc -- teams that can actually put togther 3 or 4 good classes in a row and be a legit threat.
                    Maybe we need to start a contest to predict how long its going to take before Ole Miss gets hit with NCAA sanctions?

I mean, if they're trying to go dollar-for-dollar against Nick Saban, they're going to fail miserably. And they'll do it in a much more sloppy manner than he does.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• SEC fans are even laughing at Ole Miss.

Comment

• If I was an SEC fan, I'd be pissed off at getting snookered by such a shit program.

What is really annoying is that now the semen slurpers on CBS and ESPN are going to talk about what a recruiting genius the coach is for having pulled these guys out of nowhere.

Comment

• SEC west is particularly dirty.
                          at some point the rest of the NCAA needs to walk away from the SEC
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Ole Miss will probably follow the Auburn/OSU model when they get caught. They will quickly cauterize the wound so that it can't be called an institutional problem. It's what we should be doing.

Comment

• Comer to Ole Miss.

Auburn/OSU model
                              LOL.

Comment

• OSU is now #1 on rivals. Michigan is #6. I assume that we'll stay there, since A&M is immediately behind us and they already have 32 commits. So much for that new SEC 25 commit rule. Ole Miss is two slots behind us, and they have landed their big guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X