No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia will be allowed to take part in summer workouts.

More...
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The hottest topic at the Southeastern Conference's annual meetings has nothing to do with national championships or NCAA violations. Oversigning..

More...

Comment

• Good news, its not a balanced playing field when half the SEC can sign 24-28 kids in EVERY recruiting class.
        Last edited by WM Wolverine; June 1, 2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• I'll be shocked if the SEC gives up that advantage. It's huge. Especially for the middle tier schools that have to take less proven 3* guys. If we could take 28 guys this year and simply eject seven Rodriguez recruits, our class would end up in the Top 5 this year.

Comment

• The schools that actually follow the rules; Fla, UG, Vandy, Kentucky would like an even playing field as they've been toppled recently by the SEC West (Ark, LSU, Miss, Miss St, Alabama, Auburn) lately who've abused the weak over-signing rules..

FWIW its not the coaches and AD's that'll be adjusting the rules (however they may have 'some' influence) , it'll be the university presidents who are more likely to do whats right.

Comment

• Scholarship values hot topic at Big 12 meetings
              KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The idea of raising the value of athletic scholarships to the total cost of attending a school is not new. But it was recently raised by the Big Ten and Southeastern Conference, whose universities could absorb the increased costs much easier than most smaller athletic programs.

More...

Comment

• What exactly are the costs that aren't covered?

Comment

• Pac 12 & Big XII sounded like they supported it (not officially) as well...

Worth mentioning but this supposedly only covers FULL scholarships, the costs won't be near as extreme as some in the media have reported as in the 'lesser' sports where partial scholarships are the norm, there won't be any change.

Comment

• The Justice Department's antitrust division will meet with the BCS this summer to discuss its concerns about college football's postseason format.

More...

Comment

• Steve Spurrier has a plan to pay players -- and it wouldn't cost schools or conferences a dime.

More...

Comment

• SEC Presidents set a hard cap of 25 signees every year in addition to centralizing who chooses whether a player is unable to perform football activities... They are encouraging other conferences to pass the same rules...

There are more details than need to emerge (closing loopholes?) about this but this is a big step forward for the SEC and college football.

Comment

• that is HUGE!!

I'm ok w/ a little ovesigning for guys that leave or get hurt. But there was certainly some bigtime abuses

Comment

• Ranking College Football's 20 Most Desirable Jobs
                            This was just posted on CNNSI by Andy Staples.
                            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...obs/index.html

Georgia at #5 is my first WTF..

Comment

• I hate rankings, often times your 'nitpicking' between two very close calls that I'd decide on a coin flip. I generally prefer grouping data into 'tiers', maybe I do that just because it easier but imo sometimes the difference between #1 & #8 may be smaller than the difference than #8 & #9.

Comment

• WM.. I agree with your Tiering. Georgia would not be in my top tier.

Comment

Working...
                                X