No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If what I heard is right and Alabama will be replacing 14 of their starting 22, then you never know what will happen.

Comment

• "Saban to Oakland? Fingers crossed!"

What a dick you are for posting such useless crap! When called upon to substantiate such a a useless rumor, you cut and duck. Go back to your hole, you worthless slug!

Comment

• Saban was an NFL grotesque failure, if Oakland is stupid enough to to lure him back from the college ranks (which are a joke) in comparison to the Pros, so be it.

BTW Florida public schools are a disaster, not only do I pay an obscene amount in property taxes, I am forced to send my kids to private school at 25K a pop (+ expenses). Florida schools simply warehouse their kids for future careers on public assistance or prison, likely both....mostly minority kids that behave like animals and destroy the public learning environment. Wake up America.
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 11, 2012, 06:31 PM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Stan not a total douche? Fingers crossed!

at least there is a "chance" on the saban thing
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• No, no he wrote dick, unless you are no stranger to "the penis", I suggest brass knuckles are in order.
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 11, 2012, 08:57 PM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA has broadened the definition of agents to include parents, closing the loophole that allowed 2010 Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton to keep playing despite his father's pay-for-play scheme.

The Division I Amateurism Cabinet sponsored legislation that would include family members and other third parties who shop an athlete's services to schools for financial gain. The NCAA passed the proposal on Wednesday.

The NCAA determined that Cecil Newton -- Cam's father -- wanted money from Mississippi State when Cam Newton was being recruited out of junior college.

Cam Newton who now plays for the Carolina Panthers, was reinstated after a one-day suspension because the NCAA found he didn't know about the scheme. He was cleared to play in the SEC and national championship games that season.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It's still a complete joke, but at least they are trying to close the loophole.

Comment

• Latest info from Delaney on potential playoff:

"The environment has changed in the sense that we had five people who didn’t want to talk about it, of the seven founders,” Delany said. “And I think the seven founders were the conferences plus Notre Dame, and four years ago five of us didn’t want to have the conversation. Now people want to have the conversation. I don’t know where our institutions will be on any of this, but I think that in good faith we have to engage and be curious and be open and see where we go.”

Good analysis here:

Out of all of the quotes that came out of the Bowl Championship Series meetings held yesterday, none drew more attention than those from Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany. A month ago, Delany seemed …

Comment

• That sounds better than "Just give us the Rose Bowl, I don't care what you do after that". Paraphrasing, but that was just a few weeks ago when he stated that!

He already got his Pac12 alliance along with the Rose, so maybe now he's feeling a little better about the idea of changing the current structure.

Comment

• I think you pretty much nailed it, Sean. Delany knows that any talk about a playoff is going to have to pass the muster of BOTH the B1G and Pac 12, or they can use their new alliance to take Rose Bowl and tell the others to "stuff it".
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "Some estimates out there show that the BCS TV contract could double from its current $125 million per year level to around $250 million per year if there’s a plus-one game. Note that this figure doesn’t even include the separate Rose Bowl TV contract."

And finally, this is what it's all about.

Comment

• I still think the way to do it is to have a plus 3 situation where you play a 4-team tournament with the 4 winners of the BcS bowls. Then the Big Ten and Pac 12 can play in the Rose Bowl EVERY year, with the winner going on to the 4-team tournament. Let the other conferences do as they will.

Comment

• Jamie, I'm not sure what the tie-breaker(s) etc. for the Big Twen Championship is but, under your proposal, would that make OOC games less important to the extent teams could perhaps start to schedule more "interesting" conference games without fear of a shot at the NCG?

Comment

• As expected, Richardson, Hightower and Kilpatrick declaring for the draft.
                              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I pulled this from mgoblog so credit to Brian but the article slams Gibson and then implies he too is joining Rodriguez's staff at Arizona. It's down in the middle of the piece but basically says Gibson sucked in teaching technique ... duhhhh .... what's surprising is that Rodriguez would waste a staff position on a guy who is clearly an anchor. My bet is that RR will never rise above mid-tier in the PAC12 .... which is where he had Michigan headed in the B1G. That he keeps knuckle heads like Gibson close is proof positive Rich is not the sharpest tool in the shed. It's interesting to follow this guy but its going to be painful for exuberant Wildcat fans who think they are headed for the top of the conference with the read option spread (minus Oregon's talent since he can't recruit worth a shit).

The Arizona Wildcats finalized their coaching staff on Wednesday with the hiring of Jeff Casteel, David Lockwood, Bill Kirelawich and Spencer Leftwich. Head coach Rich Rodriguez has worked with...
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 12, 2012, 10:42 PM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X