No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have much exposure to all of them but from my time living in Florida I have retained some factual bits that would make me thing Florida might be an outlier there. It seems more like M than LSU on that chart, too.

Comment

• Florida and Georgia are the two legitimately good public schools in the SEC.

However, even Georgia only had 1.1B or so.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Doesn't seem to have anything to do with Florida sitting out the oversigning bit, however. No obvious measurable connection that I see...

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Saban to Oakland? Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Where you hearing that? I would have thought he'd be done with the NFL.

Comment

• It's the most untrusted of rumors...some guy hears it on a radio station and apparently some ESPN guys confirms that Saban has a press conference....

...I'd rate it is a snowball's chance in hell...the only reason it's not NO chance in hell is that The Nick does like to roam

Comment

• Nick Hill has a good tattoo artist...and a pretty high tolerance for pain.

College football players and tattoos can be a dangerous combination. I think we're all still trying to figure out what Alabama quarterback (and newly MVP of the BCS championship game) A.J. McCarron was thinking when he got his chest tattoo. … Continue reading →

Comment

• So, Saban does have a press conference tomorrow. Apparently, that fact, and Hue Jackson's firing, are enough to substantiate the rumor. Heh.

Meh, well, I'd love to see him go. I think. Of course, he'd probably fail in 2-3 years and look to get back to CFB just in time for PSU to end their doomed O'Brien experiement.

Comment

• I'd guess the Raiders would have to be willing to double what they were paying Hue Jackson or Tom Cable just to stand a chance, and they'd probably have to be willing to give Saban some official personnel role. I suppose it's possible Reggie McKenzie has gotten the green light to make that kind of financial offer, and the Raiders have to be envious of San Francisco's success with Harbaugh this season, so I could see the Raiders making Saban an offer. But I don't see McKenzie willing to cede much control, and I tend to think Alabama could match Oakland's price.

Comment

• The McKenzie thing is a good point -- no way he's going to give up too much control right after he is hired...heh...

I tend to think Alabama could match Oakland's price.
                        I think UAT would pay him $10M a year if they had to.

Comment

• Anyway, I'm sure it's entirely wishful thinking. I f'n hate UAT. That UAT-M game will be death to watch.

Comment

• Saban might figure that he's peaked as a college coach and wants to get out on top. No matter how good you are, 2 titles in 3 years is an unsustainable achievement.

I can see him doing it if the money is right. And after Harbaugh has done so well in SF, Oakland will be willing to open the pocketbooks. Remember, Harbaugh doesn't officially have full control either--he's just the head coach, not the GM.

Comment

• BTW, I LOLed at entropy's LSU playbook post!

Comment

• I'm afraid you'll enjoy watching Michigan get embarassed. :(
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X