No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not official but the Big East adds Houston, SMU, UCF, Boise State & SD State... The latter two for football only... This gets the Big East into Texas, now has two Florida schools and even has a school in California and the Northwest in Boise... They REALLY need a new name.

Pretty lousy conference and puts a knife through the heart of the non AQ conferences. They (non AQ) are no longer relevant with the losses of Utah, TCU, BYU, Boise, Houston, SMU and UCF.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      Not official but the Big East adds Houston, SMU, UCF, Boise State & SD State... The latter two for football only... This gets the Big East into Texas, now has two Florida schools and even has a school in California and the Northwest in Boise... They REALLY need a new name.
      How about the "Big Mess"?

Comment

• Fitting but I doubt it sticks...

Comment

• Dottie Sandusky, the wife of Jerry Sandusky, released a public statement Thursday afternoon via attorney Joseph Amendola.

The full text of the statement, unedited, appears here:

I want to thank our children, our family, our extended family of former Second Mile participants, and all our friends for standing by us through these difficult times. Jerry and I want to express our sorrow for all the hurt that has come to those who have supported us and our beloved Penn State and State College Communities.

I have been shocked and dismayed by the allegations made against Jerry, particularly the most recent one that a now young man has said he was kept in our basement during visits and screamed for help as Jerry assaulted him while I was in our home and didn't respond to his cries for help.

As the mother of six children, I have been devastated by these accusations. I am also angry about these false accusations that such a terrible incident ever occurred in my home. No child who ever visited our home was ever forced to stay in our basement and fed there. All the kids who visited us ate with us and our kids and other guests when they were at our home. Our children, our extended family and friends know how much Jerry and I love kids and have always tried to help and care for them. We would never do anything to hurt them. I am so sad anyone would make such a terrible accusation which is absolutely untrue. We don't know why these young men have made these false accusations, but we want everyone to know they are untrue.

I continue to believe in Jerry's innocence and all the good things he has done. Jerry's many success stories with his Second Mile kids and positive memories of those kids keep me going. I am asking everyone to please be reasonable and open-minded until both sides of this case are heard, and Jerry has the opportunity to prove his innocence.

I would like to thank all those individuals who continue to support Jerry and hope they will continue to support us through the conclusion of this very sad time in our lives.

Dottie Sandusky
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• While I don't believe he is innocent, I do think it is possible his wife didn't know what was going on. Hard to believe she could knowingly allow him to assault children while she was there.

Comment

• According to experts, 98% of the wives of alleged sex offenders stick by their husbands until the jury renders them guilty.

This is the most sordid story to rack CFB that I can think of. SMU pales in comparison. If only 1/2 of what is alleged is accurate, the stain on PSU football is going to be long lasting. I'm sure there are people trying to cash in and the latest turn of events might be just that but I doubt it and, if true, Sandusky's wife is an accessory to her husband's child molestation.

I feel sorry for the PSU coaches and players that had nothing whatsoever to do with this. If it is true that Paterno knew what was going on and chose the course he apparently chose in an effort to protect one of his coaches, I hope he is dragged through the mud to his grave.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If Paterno knew, or even had an inkling that Sandusky was up to no good, then he deserves every bit of negative press he gets, and he doesn't deserve to be applauded as "one of the greatest" coaches of all time. He forfeited that privilege if he enabled Sandusky.
                Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• If Paterno knew, or evan had an inkling that Sandusky was up to no good, then he deserves far more than bad press, Lines.

He deserves to be charged.

Comment

• No question.

Comment

• Nick Satan: The man, the myth, the a**hole...

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• One of the SEC's many sleazy coaches that I wouldn't want anywhere near M.

Comment

• Merry Christmas, Gators: Charlie Weis is leaving!

posted by Mike Bianchi on December, 8 2011 7:22 PM

Charlie Weis is leaving Gators to become head coach at Kansas

Charlie Weis leaving the Florida Gators is the best news UF fans have had since Charlie Weis came to the Florida Gators.

Merry Christmas, Gators.

Weis is the new head coach at Kansas.

To say, Weis? one year as UF?s offensive coordinator was a massive failure would be an understatement. His offense was one of the worst in UF history this year, ranking 102nd nationally with just 334.17 yards per game. By leaving for Kansas, UF is now off the hook for the two years and $1.5 million remaining on Weis?s contract ? the largest ever given to a UF assistant.

Weis, because of health issues with his hip and knee, was forced to walk with a cane while coaching at UF. He could not comfortably stand on the sideline while serving as UF coach Will Muschamp?s offensive coordinator and often had to sit during the game. I remember asking Rachel George, the Sentinel?s UF beat writer earlier this season, if Weis? weight and his health were hindering his ability to effectively do his job. That?s why his hiring at Kansas seems a bit odd.

Granted, Weis did not have as much talent to work with at UF as usual, but he was purported to be an offensive genius. And if you?re a genius, aren?t you supposed to take the talent and make it better?

For Florida fans, Weis leaving for Kansas is a bittersweet day. He takes with him a reputation as an offensive mastermind; he leaves behind a pathetic offense that speaks quite to the contrary.

Who will take Weis? place at UF?

Muschamp should start his search with two UF alumni: Kerwin Bell, the head coach at Jacksonville University, and Jedd Fisch ? the offensive coordinator at the University of Miami.

Thoughts?

Comment

• probably not a surprise, but in the SEC Mizzou-A&M - assigned as cross-division rivals

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure those kids were signing those items just for fun and didn't receive any benefits whatsoever for signing them. </ sarcasm>

Comment

Working...
                                X