The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Does the fact that they went on to win 42-10 make them look even better or are they still a fraud? Lol.

Personally, I think that they have a garbage QB and a very average offense validates just how good the overall team is. Michigan's offense is better than theirs and we wouldn't beat Oregon by 3 TDs or Georgia by 32.
    What I do know is that if LSU plays a half like that against Alabama, they're still in the game.

They play a half like that against Oklahoma State, and they're down four touchdowns at halftime. Georgia wasn't running away with that game because of two dropped TD passes that had nothing to do with LSU's "historically deep" defense.

I'll go as far as to say that if OSU gets the chance to play LSU, the Cowboys win handily.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      I'll go as far as to say that if OSU gets the chance to play LSU, the Cowboys win handily.
      That is just ridiculous.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I'd take LSU to cover 10 right now.

Problem is, the game won't even take place for about 5 weeks.

Neither team is liable to be at its best.
        Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          Whodean do you honesly like your head coach?.

[YOUTUBE]ZdBaLJ-kHuY[/YOUTUBE]

I still don't get that commercial...
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
            That is just ridiculous.
            I am saying if the two teams that played yesterday played each other; Oklahoma State is leading that first half 28-0, and I don't see LSU overcoming that huge of a hole.

Everytime I've seen the Tigers play, they've had stretches both offensively and defensively where it looks like they're sleepwalking. They're more lucky Georgia didn't take advantage more than anything else yesterday.

When LSU is on, they're nigh unbeatable. When they are off, they are terrible. A very hot and cold team.

Comment

• SEC really needs to adopt a 9-game conference schedule when they go to 14 teams; doesn't sound like they will.

Comment

• Yeah, it wasn't like LSU's defense had anything to do with either of those dropped TD passes. The first one was a tougher catch, but the 2nd one I could have taken to the house. Georgia just choked.

Comment

• Everyone is also ignoring the fact that Alabama's schedule wasn't anything special. They only played 4 teams that ended with a winning record.

Comment

• They played PSU OOC but were able to miss both UG & USCar... College football needs a playoff, plus one is a necessary most years. I'm hoping for a split title.

Comment

• The AP "title" means nothing.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That's pretty funny, seeing as the AP title was the ONLY title people really recognized for about 80 years.

The AP title is just as valid as the BcS title is. They both are total bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                          The AP "title" means nothing.
                          I hope not; that's the one M won in '97
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• That was before they pulled out of the BcS, AP was more relevant back then.
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• OlieO vs. Florida in the Gator is confirmed, Penn State is going to the Ticket City bowl in Dallas.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That was before they pulled out of the BcS, AP was more relevant back then.
                                There was no BCS in 97

Comment

Working...
                                X