No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND really taking it in the pooper right now from Stanford.

Gotta love watching Brian Kelly in that grimace the whole game. He'll be on the hot seat next year and ND will be rebuilding.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
      I think everyone realizes Alabama is the best 1 loss team, just don't like the idea of the rematch.
      I think they might be. They're definitely the 2nd best team in the SEC.

Comment

• I can't help but think that Alabama is the #2 team also, but what have they really done? Their top wins are a gawd-awful Florida team, an overrated Arkansas team, a mediocre PSU team. Their real claim to fame is their loss to LSU. Not saying they're not the second best team, but it isn't the foregone conclusion that some are making it out to be. If Okie State beats Oklahoma (a big if), they deserve some consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          It is NOT the same scenario.
          You're right. Michgian in 2006 deserved a rematch MORE than Alabama does this year because Michgian's only loss came on the ROAD to #1. Alabama lost at home.

The better record argument is ridiculous. Both Michigan and Florida were 1-loss teams. The fact that Florida had an extra game against Western Carolina is pretty damn irrelevant.

Comment

• I am irritated that the same slapnuts who were screaming how terrible a rematch would be are now saying how wonderful a rematch would be.

Very simple double standard going on here, what ever is best for your own team. What do you think they should do, not beat their own drum?

Comment

• Watching Stanford beat up ND 21-7 in the 3rd they (Stanford) have black helmets, socks , shoes and gloves along with all red (?) shirts and pants. They don't look to bad.

Comment

• I'm not really going to go through the merits of Florida's schedule vs. Michigan's schedule in 2006 again. We've done it enough recently and plenty of times over the last 5 years.

But whether Alabama is more deserving than Michigan was 5 years ago is irrelevant. The question is if they deserve it more than other teams THIS year. I would say: YES. I believe they are better than Stanford and I believe they are better than Oklahoma State.

For those who say Alabama has beaten no one, please list all the impressive wins Stanford has.

Comment

• USC that's about it

Comment

• I think if LSU beats Jawja, that there should be no MNC game. Its already been decided.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      Very simple double standard going on here, what ever is best for your own team. What do you think they should do, not beat their own drum?
                      So beating your own drum is ok even if it makes you a completley hypocritical liar?

Of course, you're talking about teams from a conference where star players are purchased for $200K. Expecting any integrity or honor from them is pretty much a losing cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        I think if LSU beats Jawja, that there should be no MNC game. Its already been decided.
                        Now that's a refreshing take.

Comment

• Of course, the BCS could easily fix this by putting in a rule that only conference champs can play in the title game. If you can't win your conference, you don't deserve to be in the title game. I would have been fine if this had been the rule in 2006. It should be a rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            I think if LSU beats Jawja, that there should be no MNC game. Its already been decided.
                            Heh. I could live with that

Comment

• I don't like the black and red of Stanford. XFL unis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                                Of course, the BCS could easily fix this by putting in a rule that only conference champs can play in the title game. If you can't win your conference, you don't deserve to be in the title game. I would have been fine if this had been the rule in 2006. It should be a rule.
                                This again would exclude Stanford. They aren't even going to win their own division, just like Bama.

And with USC ineligible to play for the Pac12 title, this piss-poor UCLA team will be taking on Oregon. That's a statement on just how bad the Pac12 South has been.

Comment

Working...
                                X