• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 straight and 9 out of 10.

Commence another string of invective and profanity

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
      To be fair, Florida beating OlieO and M losing in their bowl game kind of proved it.
      I disagree. We came out flat against usc, possibly after getting down that we were left out of the title picture. Maybe we should've been tougher than that but I think that came into play.

Playing ohio again or even somehow playing FLA in a neutral site (the game was in AZ, right?) would've been much easier than playing usc in their back yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
        Here's something we can all agree upon:

There should be a 8 (or at least 4) game playoff.
        I prefer 16 (or 12 with the top teams getting byes in the 1st round) but either 8 or 4 is a step in the right direction.

Comment

• "Commence another string of invective and profanity"

Take your sorry ass home. pissant. Nobody gives a damn what you think. Get used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            7 straight and 9 out of 10.

Commence another string of invective and profanity

Cooper.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              Cooper.
              Even Stan wasn't dropping words THAT profane. Jeff gets down and dirty right from the start!

Comment

• Go chase Talent Dumb ass.

Comment

• BTW, Miami has self-imposed a bowl ban this season

Comment

• Florida definitely had a strong argument. Had it remained solely on Florida's merits, then I don't think anyone anywhere would be griping right now.

The problem is that the SEC went to a "rematches would be bad for the game and make the season irrelevant" argument. That was the bed they chose to make. If they don't like it now, they shouldn't have made that argument then.

If a rematch would have been oh so terrible in 2006, a rematch would be oh so terrible now.

Comment

• Bowl selection committee rumblings..... are electing to pass on Penn State & Ohio State. Although they have large fan bases that travel well, frankly the week of negative publicity is simply toxic and simply not worth it as it would easily overshadow the event.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The championship game is supposed to involve the #1 & #2 teams in the nation, regardless of what conference they played in. There are no rules about one conference only being allowed to send two teams to the NCG or that a team that doesn't win its division/conference can't play in said game or a rematch can't happen...

If the SEC has the #1 & #2 teams in the nation, they should play in NCG. The only issue I took with up with M dropping in ranking after Florida's win in the SEC CCG was that the voters intentionally ranked M lower than they would've otherwise as to avoid a rematch. Even a few voters themselves said as much publicly.
                        Last edited by WM Wolverine; November 20, 2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Chemiclord nailed it:

The problem is that the SEC went to a "rematches would be bad for the game and make the season irrelevant" argument. That was the bed they chose to make. If they don't like it now, they shouldn't have made that argument then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Is your entire argument made by playing the transitive score game? Why didn't you do transitive scores based off of Notre Dame? LSU destroyed them and Florida beat LSU by 2 TDs. Oh, that one doesn't work for you as much?.
                            Florida didn't play ND.

Both Michigan and Florida had the same record. Michigan's one loss was more impressive than Florida's and Michigan MOV aginst I-A teams was vastly superior, on average. Florida struggled to beat crappy teams like Vanderbilt, Florida State and South Carolina. Outside of one bad game against Ball State, Michigan dominated everybody they faced before OSU. Michigan had a better score in the one common opponent that was available. Michigan beat a one loss team. Florida didn't.

The best that you can say -- the only thing that you can say -- is that the data was inconclusive, and therefore, you should give the benefit of the doubt to the team that wouldn't set up a rematch. I actually don't have a problem with that logic.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; November 20, 2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• All this is another reason why we need a playoff, whether that be 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 or 16 teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                                Bowl selection committee rumblings..... are electing to pass on Penn State & Ohio State. Although they have large fan bases that travel well, frankly the week of negative publicity is simply toxic and simply not worth it as it would easily overshadow the event.
                                35 bowl games need 70 teams. There are 120 teams in the FBS. The following have already been eliminated from bowl competition:

ACC (3): BC, Maryland, Duke
                                Big10 (2): Minnesota, Indiana
                                Big East: none
                                Big12 (1): Kansas
                                Pac12 (4): Oregon St, Washington St, Colorado, Arizona
                                SEC (2): Kentucky, Ole Miss
                                MTW (3): UNLV, New Mexico, Colorado St
                                CUSA (5): Rice, Tulane, UAB, Memphis, Central Florida
                                WAC (4): Fresno, San Jose St, New Mexico St, Idaho
                                Independents (2): Army, Navy
                                MAC (5): Miami-OH, BG, Buffalo, Akron, CMU
                                Sun Belt (5): Florida Atlantic, North Texas, Troy, Middle Tennessee, LA-Monroe

In addition neither USC or Miami will be allowed in a bowl game. That makes 82 currently eligible teams for 70 spots. With two weeks left, more will probably be eliminated. I think it'll probably be unlikely that bowls will pass on OSU and Penn State to select some marginal MAC team. There might not even BE another option.

Comment

Working...
                                X