Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
    Here's something we can all agree upon:

There should be a 8 (or at least 4) game playoff.
    True dat. And my guess? LSU and Bama would be the two teams playing at the end

Comment

• I don't think Michigan was wronged that season but I think that principles need to be fairly and consistently applied, which is part of why I can't stand Nebraska. After 94, when a precedent they benefited from was set, there should have been no questions in 97.

Ultimately, a championship of questionable integrity is something that, if you want to hold together a college sport on a national level, needs to be protected by consistency and a sense of fair play. This stuff needs to be decided on the field and nowhere else. When it gets decided not by the players but by politicking and regional solidarities or rivalries, or by the petty jealousies of voters who vote to screw one team or another, the process is weakened.

Comment

• "So for those who think LSU vs. Alabama Part II would be a joke, sell me on the idea that OK State is clearly more deserving'

No one has to "sell" you anything because no one cares what the hell ypu of all people think.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
          "So for those who think LSU vs. Alabama Part II would be a joke, sell me on the idea that OK State is clearly more deserving'

No one has to "sell" you anything because no one cares what the hell ypu of all people think.
          Fair enough. Just understand this: you are in a tiny minority if you think Florida didn't deserve the spot in the title game more than Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            I don't think Michigan was wronged that season but I think that principles need to be fairly and consistently applied, which is part of why I can't stand Nebraska. After 94, when a precedent they benefited from was set, there should have been no questions in 97.

Ultimately, a championship of questionable integrity is something that, if you want to hold together a college sport on a national level, needs to be protected by consistency and a sense of fair play. This stuff needs to be decided on the field and nowhere else. When it gets decided not by the players but by politicking and regional solidarities or rivalries, or by the petty jealousies of voters who vote to screw one team or another, the process is weakened.
            I think most of the voters looked Michigan's resume versus Florida and after they had trumped a then-one loss Arkansas team in the SEC title game, decided Florida's was superior.

I think most anyone who is remotely objective could've looked at the teams Michigan beat, looked at the teams Florida beat, and ruled in favor of Florida.

Same thing goes for this year, even more so when you start trying to insist that Virginia Tech or Stanford should go ahead of Alabama, basically based upon SEC hatred and jealousy more than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Fair enough. Just understand this: you are in a tiny minority if you think Florida didn't deserve the spot in the title game more than Michigan.
              Being in the minority doen't mean someone is wrong. These days it often means he/she is right.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

I think most of the voters looked Michigan's resume versus Florida and after they had trumped a then-one loss Arkansas team in the SEC title game, decided Florida's was superior.

I think most anyone who is remotely objective could've looked at the teams Michigan beat, looked at the teams Florida beat, and ruled in favor of Florida.

Same thing goes for this year, even more so when you start trying to insist that Virginia Tech or Stanford should go ahead of Alabama, basically based upon SEC hatred and jealousy more than anything.
                Thing is, if you consider each year in a vacuum then you can argue almost anything. In the end, the process will suffer from inconsistency. The more there is the more you risk people voting according to alternate agendas, and then the whole thing's a joke.

Comment

Tennessee played Penn State in a bowl game. Michigan beat Penn State by 7. Florida beat Tennessee by 1. Penn State beat Tennessee by 10 in the bowl game.

Michigan beat 1-loss Wisconsin by 14. Florida beat Arkansas by 10. Arkansas came into that game at 10-2 and lost at home to USC 50-14. The Badgers beat Arkansas in the bowl game.

Both Michigan and Florida played Vandy. Michigan beat them by 20. Florida beat them by 6.

Michigan's toughest OOC game was Notre Dame in South Bend. We beat them by 26 and it wasn't that close. Florida's toughest OOC game was 6-6 Florida State. Florida won that game by a whopping 7 points LOL.

Florida's OOC schedule also included a I-AA team. Ours didn't.

Florida's one loss was to two-loss Auburn by 7. Michigan's loss was to undefeated OSU by 3.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; November 20, 2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Not sure if I posted this here or not but the computer rankings love the BXII since they beat up a lot of awful competition in OOC. Something like 3 losses in OOC in the entire conference, impressive until you notice they only played 3 or 4 top 25 teams OOC and rarely even played a top 40 team.

Comment

• Hey Doc, I"m still waiting to hear how you liked that assraping you took by Florida. Must have been sweet because you returned to take it up the ass the next year from the Mad Hatter and a two loss LSU team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Tennessee played Penn State in a bowl game. Michigan beat Penn State by 7. Florida beat Tennessee by 1. Penn State beat Tennessee by 10 in the bowl game.

Michigan beat 1-loss Wisconsin by 14. Florida beat Arkansas by 10. Arkansas came into that game at 10-2 and lost at home to USC 50-14. The Badgers beat Arkansas in the bowl game.

Both Michigan and Florida played Vandy. Michigan beat them by 20. Florida beat them by 6.

Michigan's toughest OOC game was Notre Dame in South Bend. We beat them by 26 and it wasn't that close. Florida's toughest OOC game was 6-6 Florida State. Florida won that game by a whopping 7 points LOL.

Florida's OOC schedule also included a I-AA team. Ours didn't.

Florida's one loss was to two-loss Auburn by 7. Michigan's loss was to undefeated OSU by 3.
                        Is your entire argument made by playing the transitive score game? Why didn't you do transitive scores based off of Notre Dame? LSU destroyed them and Florida beat LSU by 2 TDs. Oh, that one doesn't work for you as much?

Michigan beat the following teams with winning records:

Wisconsin (12-1)
                        @ Notre Dame (10-3) (Was blown out in their bowl game by LSU)
                        @ Penn State (9-4)
                        Central Michigan (10-4)

Florida beat the following winning teams:

LSU (11-2)
                        Arkansas (10-4)
                        @ Tennessee (9-4)
                        Georgia (Jax) (9-4)
                        Southern Miss (9-5)
                        South Carolina (8-5)
                        Kentucky (8-5)
                        Florida State (7-6)

You can rant about margins of victory all you want, but Florida built the better resume. The voters thought so and most of the computers thought so.

Florida went on to blow us out completely while Michigan, whining and sulking and bitching and moaning about how mistreated they were, got manhandled by USC in a game that was not nearly as close as the score.

Comment

• One of the reasons you have no cred Doc is because you're too stupid to realize that in 2006 the biggest bonehead move by the "voters" wasn't that they put Florida ahead of UM. It was that they voted OShitu No. 1. And if that wasn't the biggest bonehead vote in BCS history, they repeated it the next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                            Hey Doc, I"m still waiting to hear how you liked that assraping you took by Florida. Must have been sweet because you returned to take it up the ass the next year from the Mad Hatter and a two loss LSU team.
                            Yeah, you're right Stan. Florida killed us. How'd Michigan (the team that was better than Florida) do?

Please make sure to involve plenty of cursing and references to anal rape in your response. That's the hallmark of good smack talk

Comment

• Don't get the value of this discussion at all. To argue which teams should be matched in a national championship game assumes computers and polls can select the two best CF. teams in the nation.

What other national sport arranges a championship contest like that?

Waste of bandwidth.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hey I'll say it again. Go f*ck yourself. Take your sorry little ass to a forum where people give a f*ck what you think. If you were able to make a single cogent argument without deflecting the fact that you're a fan of the disgraced THE OshitU then maybe we could tolerate your piss ant presence. But as it is clear you can't then get the hell out. The irony of your stupid rant is that nobody remembers our loss to USC. all they remember (if they really care) is that THE OshitU shit the bed twice as proof positive the Big Ten is overrated. THE OshitU still hasn't beaten a single SEC team since you had to "forfeit" the shameful "win" over Ark. Be gone you pissant! We have no use for your upturned ass!

Comment

Working...
                                X