The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    The winner of that game is in. I really don’t know what the hell happens if Bama wins.
    If that happens, Bama will be in. The SEC can't get shut out. Plus, they haven't lost since September, knocked off the #1 two-time defending champions and have the Nick as their coach.

Comment

• Washington 20, Oregon 10 at the half..... and until Nix and Oregon got their shit together on a last minute TD drive to end the half, the Huskies were outplaying them.

Watching these two Pac10 teams reveals a very different style of football than is played in the B10. More finesse and less muscle, more speed in space and less physically pounding out yardage. Featured big plays with long balls by both OCs. Both teams have big play QBs and big play receivers. M can match up with either team. M will dominate both LOSs. M's run game will do well against undersized DLs and front 7s that appear to me to be just guys.

Minter has already designed a pass defense that defended the best receiver in CFB and shut him down. Either Nix or Pennix will have to deal with the same kind of confusing shifts that disguise blitzes and coverages (man v. zone) that Minter specifically designed and installed for OSU and which McCord had a hard time with. Washington looks amped, appears to be well prepared, coached and focused. Oregon thought they'd come in a roll the Huskies. If Washington wins the intangibles work in Udub's favor. They'll be a tough opponent but not much better than somewhere between Maryland and OSU. If Oregon wins they'll be out prepared and out focused by M similar to how M was prepared for TCU. They play a style of football like Purdue with a Heisman candidate at QB and receivers as challenging as OSU's Harrison and Egbuka
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Sorry, WASHINGTON vs Michigan Rose Bowl. Not Oregon.

But who knows what madness we might see tomorrow. Washington was a 9.5 point dog and easily covered.

13-0 Washington is a CFP lock. No drama with the PAC12 spot for the committee.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Nope. I thought Oregon would win fairly easily. Huskies punch the first ticket. Let’s go FSU!

Comment

• We will know the Georgia vs Alabama result prior to FSU vs Louisville. If Georgia wins, I will probably root for Louisville.
            1. Washington vs M is a lock at that point. Assuming M defeats Iowa.
            2. I don’t want to see FSU vs Georgia in the CFP. It would be a free win for Georgia and VERY boring from a viewing perspective.

Yeah, I guess that means Texas vs Ohio State would be a discussion. Assuming Texas jumps Ohio State as B12 champs.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• M isn't going to lose to Iowa. UGA isn't going to lose to Alabama. So, the chances of this happening are pretty high:

1. UGA
              2. Michigan
              3. Washington
              4. FSU/Texas/OSU*

* For OSU to back in to the CFP as the #4 seed/best one loss team, FSU has to lose, more probable than a Texas loss. With Washington's win, the first bet of the parlay for OSU is won. Both Texas and FSU have to lose to complete the parlay - not improbable. If Texa wins, OSU is out. Texas plays at noon, FSU plays at 8p, same as M. Thus, if Texas wins we'll know the likely CFP seeds around 3p today.

M is already a 5.5 point favorite over the Huskies.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I should add because "The Nick" and shit happens .........If Bama wins...
                1. Michigan (I'm not convinced this won't be Washington)
                2. Washington
                3. FSU or Texas
                4. FSU or Texas
                ​In the most likely CFP seeding scenarios, M will be favored in any of them

Comment

• Lets get Iowa in the win column before we talk about the Huskies, which to me, are a scary team.

Iowa has been a thorn in our side in the recent past, so Michigan has to take them seriously, and expect to see their best effort. Iowa's best effort shouldn't be enough, but M can't afford to play a sloppy game that allows them to hang around. Focus, execute, get the win.

I'll be leaving for Indy in about an hour. I'm hoping to post a few pics of the game and hopefully the trophy ceremony afterward. That alone, with the Michigan win, should be worth the price of the ticket.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Watching okie states qb Alan bowman explains why he didn't make it at M and transfered (his 2nd) to osu He just threw deep into bracket coverage for a predictable int. Texas is good. well v. a bad okie state D. Count this game as a ccg win for Texas. They will likely be the #4 seed with one loss to OU ..... unless Alabama beats Georgia then ???

Comment

• ........and Bowman threw his 2nd int after a fumble recovery at the Texas 2. Wow.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 2, 2023, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Texas jumping an undefeated Florida State?

Texas is probably the better team, but I'll take the undefeated team that barely had a close game and beat two SEC teams in OOC (LSU & Florida) over a team that lost to Oklahoma and needed some luck to beat Houston.

Comment

• Seems like a majority of mainstream analysts think FSU is in if they win. Undefeated power 5 conference champ! We’ll see what they say after the late games…. Alabama winning would cause all sorts of chaos.

I wonder if Arch Manning is available for the transfer portal. Manning isn’t starting at Texas in 2024 if Ewers stays barring injury.
                          USC? Tennessee? FSU? Texas ATM? M? Ohio State?! Etc.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• HORNS UP 42-14

Comment

• FSU: win and they're in. Pretty simple. Texas, a one loss, B12 conference champ isn't going to jump an undefeated ACC champ.

Comment

• The sound of Sharty/Ohio is deafening across social media. It's amazing how 2 programs are joined at the hip. Saving their energy for Iowa (good luck)

Comment

Working...
                                X