No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Michigan can't beat FSU and their 3rd string QB, then they don't deserve to advance.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I didn't realize Louisville had two losses, saw they were up in the 4th Q at some point, oops.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        I didn't realize Louisville had two losses, saw they were up in the 4th Q at some point, oops.
        Yeah, me either. I thought they only had one loss.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I would honestly think Oregon jumps FSU with a win over Washington. Even if FSU wins.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Louisville was up 24-14 late in the 3rd Q and their defense fell apart for the rest of the game. Excluding one INT.

I don’t think it really matters from Louisville’s perspective because they didn’t have the résumé’ to jump Ohio State and several others at 12-1 IMO. Their loss to Kentucky slightly weakens FSU’s opportunity to impress to committee though. FSU honestly might need an Ohio State vs Wisconsin B1G championship Cardale Jones game to keep their playoff spot.

FSU is only favored by 3 over Louisville. Vegas seems to think it will be a tough game. I agree because FSU QB Rodemaker hasn’t done much to impress up to this point.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Louisville winning would knock Florida State out, opening up Florida State's spot for someone else. Maybe Texas... Oregon is in if they win, I expect they beat Washington. I watched the Washington/Oregon game and had the Ducks as the better team, more talented team.

1. Georgia (can lose spot to Bama)
              2. Michigan (will lose spot with loss to Iowa)
              3. Washington (Oregon takes their spot with a loss)
              4. Florida State (will lose spot with a loss to Louisville)
              5. Texas (anyone above losing and they are in, along with a win vs Oklahoma State)
              6. Oregon
              7. Bama
              8. Ohio State (needs chaos, a lot of chaos, specifically Florida State and Michigan losing)

Comment

• Ohio State only needs Alabama, FSU and Texas to lose. That's it. One of them is likely, one of them is very possible and one of them is unlikely. Collectively, it's very unlikely and not worth considering. But, M losing does nothing for OSU.

Comment

• So you think M gets the tiebreaker vs the Buckeyes, even if M loses? You're probably correct.

Comment

• Don't look now, but it is lining up for two SEC teams to get in the playoff if Bama beats GA.

Fucking Auburn.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well, they won H2H. WM.

Georgia, M, Washington, Oregon, FSU, Texas, Alabama and OSU are the teams that can make the CFP.

Only 1 of Washington/Oregon will make it.
                      Everyone else needs to win to guarantee a spot, but UGa and M can still get in with a loss.
                      Everyone else is out with a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        Don't look now, but it is lining up for two SEC teams to get in the playoff if Bama beats GA.

Fucking Auburn.
                        I mean, Texas has to lose. And, of course, FSU. But, yeah if FSU and Texas lose and Alabama wins, then I'd imagine it'll be M-Georgia in the Rose and Alabama-Oregon in the Sugar.

BUT, if FSU and Texas lose...AND Alabama loses, then it's 2 B10 teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I mean, Texas has to lose. And, of course, FSU. But, yeah if FSU and Texas lose and Alabama wins, then I'd imagine it'll be M-Georgia in the Rose and Alabama-Oregon in the Sugar.

BUT, if FSU and Texas lose...AND Alabama loses, then it's 2 B10 teams.
                          I don't know. The committee luvs them some SEC. Is Bama beating the team that has been dominant for the last three years and been number one most of the year a bigger win than an early season win by Texas over Alabama?

You would think that Texas has the upper hand over Alabama, but...
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If Texas and Alabama win, then Georgia is out (assuming M wins). The only way 2 SEC teams (or 2 B10 teams) get in is if Texas loses.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              I would honestly think Oregon jumps FSU with a win over Washington. Even if FSU wins.
                              They should. I think Oregon can win the whole thing.

Comment

• I can't imagine Texas losing to Okie State. FSU probably still gets by Louisville but not a given. This has to be the most teams that still have a shot to get in going into championship weekend in the 4 team era. It's crazy that 8 P5 teams have 1 or fewer losses through 12 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X