No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ego compels arrogant men to cheat even when they don't need to, Wiz.

Comment

• Bill Belichick? HARBAUGH*******? Astos*******?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Correct to all

Comment

• I'm always correct.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You make good points, but, still, I think it'd be best if you DIE.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• cogent

Comment

• Thirded.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  If I was Texas A&M and apparently held the idea that money isn’t an object… here’s the plan:

Highly unrealistic, but make a call to their agent just to ask if they love money:
                  - Nick Saban
                  - Kirby Smart
                  - Ryan Day
                  - Dan Campbell (Texas A&M alum)

Hard to get, but I can see a slim possibility. Big names:
                  - Dabo Swinney (Down year for Clemson + Dabo yelling at his own fans)
                  - Dan Lanning
                  - Urban Meyer
                  - Deion Sanders

Not as hard to get and maybe a decent idea:
                  - Kalen DeBoer

If I could assign a coach at Texas A&M for comedic purposes:
                  - Butch Jones
                  - BERT
                  Lane Kiffin. Book it.

Over the weekend he mentioned that Georgia had 34 5-star recruits and Ole Miss had one. TAM would put Kiffin in a much better spot to recruit with Alabama and Georgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Now, Urbs started 51-4 including a national title. He probably would have had two, but Ohio State was banned from postseason for bullshit that nothing to do with a competitive advantage. Just broke some rules.
                    Nothing to do with competitive advantage? Paying players?

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...-2012.amp.html

The reason Ohio pays players is all about competitive advantage. Talent, I recall your consternation when you thought that NIL was going to put Ohio at a competitive disadvantage vis Texas and the other big-spending schools.

How would you like it if a former OSU player published an article in SI or some other national outlet claiming proof that Ohio was paying players, and then there was a Zoom call with the other coaches in the conference who unanimously thought that Ohio should not play in the CCG? Any problem with that? You would be screaming for due process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Lane Kiffin. Book it.

Over the weekend he mentioned that Georgia had 34 5-star recruits and Ole Miss had one. TAM would put Kiffin in a much better spot to recruit with Alabama and Georgia.
                      Ah yes, that’s a good call.

I can see Lane Kiffin jumping ship again in an attempt to have the resources capable of matching Alabama/ Georgia. Pretty obvious Ole Miss didn’t in those two games this season.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Nothing to do with competitive advantage? Paying players?

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...-2012.amp.html

The reason Ohio pays players is all about competitive advantage. Talent, I recall your consternation when you thought that NIL was going to put Ohio at a competitive disadvantage vis Texas and the other big-spending schools.

How would you like it if a former OSU player published an article in SI or some other national outlet claiming proof that Ohio was paying players, and then there was a Zoom call with the other coaches in the conference who unanimously thought that Ohio should not play in the CCG? Any problem with that? You would be screaming for due process.
                        You're conflating a lot things.

First, the Tressel penalties had nothing to do with paying recruits. They had everything to do with players selling their own shit that the school had given them (making it impermissible) and Tressel being informed, by email, and not reporting it to the NCAA. The players had already chosen OSU. The players weren't going to leave OSU if they couldn't trade their cleats and shit for tattoos and cash. So, the facts that led them to the penalites including the bowl ban had nothing to do with a competitve advantage. However, Ohio State broke the NCAA's rules so they ended up with a bowl ban and the NFL -- yes, the NFL even stepped in said they'd enforce the NCAA suspensions on Coach Tressel and TP. That's what happens when you break rules -- sometimes you get the hammer. As the kids these days say, Fuck Around Find Out. Ohio State found out. You'll find out soon enough.

Second, NIL is very much a competitive advantage. I fully and completely believe that. And I was 100% concerned that Ohio State wouldn't be at least competitive. And they weren't last cycle. Last cycle they lost players they absolutely should have got. This cycle they've still lost some players they should have had, but theyare at least in the ballgame. For sure. It's a huge relief. I know I may sound crazy, but I think recruiting matters.

Third, Sports Illustrated ran a giant expose on Coach Tressel with him on the cover under the headline "How Deep It Went" -- that led, IMO, to his firing -- like within days of when it dropped. Most of the allegations in that article were never proven up or asserted by the NCAA. Most of the allegations in that article were not the basis for the Ohio State punishment. And, IIRC, you and most M fans were aghast at such shoddy journalism and the unfair treatment Ohio State received. I recall it clear as day.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Maybe this is technically B1G news, but there’s some rumors out there that UCLA will part ways with Chip Kelly.

I’m slightly surprised if they make that decision. UCLA people using the same argument as Texas A&M about being stuck in neutral. What exactly is the ceiling of the UCLA program? Kelly’s last 3 seasons: 9-4, 8-4, and 6-4 in a down year this season. Chip Kelly was a hot candidate at the time between UCLA and Florida. I personally think Kelly has done a decent job, but maybe UCLA fans expect a Death Star program. 🤷‍♂️

Different topic… PSU’s OC search is something that I’m paying attention to. The last time PSU had a great offense was with OC Joe Moorhead in that 2016-2017 range. Trace McSorley, Saquon Barkley… With Moorhead struggling as Akron HC, curious if PSU will try to reunite with him.

Also, after listening to Texas A&M’s AD, it doesn’t seem like they will offer a godfather-like contract to their next HC. The AD suggested they want to do an incentives based contract. Definitely Lane Kiffin as option #1 IMO.​
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• CFP contenders, I don't see many games that should be all that close today after Washington/Oregon State.

Comment

• Georgia is freakin’ NFL team. Nobody can hang with that.

Comment

• Wow, I feel bad for Florida State.

Down 13-0 to North Alabama. QB Travis just suffered an UGLY injury. Significant playoff implications, but the more scary situation as that injury to Travis.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X