No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The old saying how to prevent a win = prevent defense 98 yard drive after holding the to 20 points all game?

Comment

• Yep. Terrible collapse from CSU. They were the better team most of the night but just kept making stupid mistakes/penalties. Colorado didn’t break 200 yards of offense until the 4th quarter.

Final tally for the Rams: 16 penalties for 176 yards, 9 of them were PFs.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Not a single mention of this during the broadcast despite being shown twice, even in slow motion.

It’s Deion’s mouth and crap like this that lead to hits like the one that put Travis Hunter out of the game. That DB from CSU should have been tossed for the hit, IMO. If you constantly run your mouth, don’t be surprised when someone comes along and closes it.

Comment

• Because thou shalt not speaketh ill against "coach prime". New NCAA rule this year.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Fuck Prime. Fuck CU.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If you had a 4th and 2 at the what ( 37) yard line as a huge underdog and up 8 with to put the game away - on the road...... I think you would - fucking go for it - chicken shit call for the HC! I was thinking don't give CU the ball back!

Then it makes no sense punting when you're just handing those punt yards back with the 2 deep prevent defense even the announcer said CSU has to make a decision when to stop playing defense like that. What a waste of a solid game up until then.

Comment

• So this is interesting. #19 Colorado is a 21.5 point underdog against #10 Oregon. Me thinks there is a disconnect between what people think Colorado is and what the actually are.

For comparison, Michigan is a 25.5 point favorite against Rutgers.

Comment

• no harrison mevis love here?

Comment

• What a great Saturday lineup of games. Damn Michigan on the time same as FSU/Clemson - Iowa/PSU at the same time as OSU/ND

F6emK8TbAAANPi0?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• This was a good read and brought into focus the real impact of the new clock rules.

An mgoboard thread contained a review of "The Athletic's" analysis of the new clock rules on CFB games. I didn't read the article becasue its paywalled but there was enough material in the thread to understand the Athletics conclusion: The clock rules have not changed the number of commercials, i.e., added commercials - a widely believed downside of the new clock rules. This post encapsulates what the real impact of the new clock rules is having:

I read the article.

Sure, there aren't more commercials than before the rule-change...but there's less football.

We have the same amount of commercial time and fewer actual football plays. The ratio is worse. They've shortened the game while keeping the same number of commercials.

This is bad.

Per the article - average game time has been reduced by six minutes from 3:22 to 3:16. Frankly, if I'm investing three-plus hours to watch a game, give me those damn six minutes back in the form of actual football.

This explains why M's play count seems to be decreasing. That's a very negative impact on the CFB game overall.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I read through that thread as well. As I recall, the change was made in the name of "player safety" and never had anything to do with commercials. Why on earth anyone would think there would be fewer commercials because the games are shorter must have just started watching football last Thursday.

While the clock changes shorten the game, which I don't like, it should work to favor ball control teams like Michigan. I'd like to see the numbers of how many individual commercials there are vs. total plays. I know Michigan ran 42 or 43 plays last week but the total number of commercials is around 80 per game.

Comment

• The 43 plays was v UNLV. They ran 56 last weekend. The commercial breaks allowed by the new contract are 4/quarter. Last season it was a 4/3/4/3 deal although I think the 4/4/4/4 happened too. Last season the commercial breaks were 2:30 long. This season they are 2:50. The contractual commercials time outs still allow producers to add in a promotional time out for things like an extended injury, replay, etc. I think these are limited to 30 seconds but these and the commercial time outs just add up to totally destroy the game day experience. They have to be hard on the players as well.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The commercials are unbearable, you need a service that you can skip them. Peacock sucks, I watched the Washington/Sparty game for fun the other night and you still have to watch commercials on the replay. I'm glad there are no more games this year on Peacock (I care to watch), they are on NBC anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X