No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Division Titles don't mean anything, then neither do divisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Home field in the playoffs should go to best record. Divisional titles are meaningless. No one cares. Can anyone name the NFC South champ of 2015 without looking?

Tiebreaker should go to whoever won the head to head meeting. If that fails, THEN use divisional champs.
      I'm ok with that...in fact do away with divisions period.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The problem with doing away with divisions is you have to come up with tiebreakers for the glut of 10-7 teams or whatever. If the two teams with the same record didn’t play or were 1-1, who are you taking for the last playoff spot? The tiebreakers like MOV or coin flips tend to piss people off whereas they more readily accept “won the NFC East” or whatever.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          The problem with doing away with divisions is you have to come up with tiebreakers for the glut of 10-7 teams or whatever. If the two teams with the same record didn’t play or were 1-1, who are you taking for the last playoff spot? The tiebreakers like MOV or coin flips tend to piss people off whereas they more readily accept “won the NFC East” or whatever.
          I like divisions in the NFL and have no problem with the division winner getting a better seed than a team that didn't win its division that may have a better record . Winning your division (or conference in college) should mean something. It does in the NFL.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• With college, though, with respect to football quality and deservedness, winning the Big Ten or SEC means MUCH more than winning the Sun Belt or CUSA.

Conference championships should never be used as a sole criterion for playoff admission in football unless they’re about 70 spots to fill.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              With college, though, with respect to football quality and deservedness, winning the Big Ten or SEC means MUCH more than winning the Sun Belt or CUSA.

Conference championships should never be used as a sole criterion for playoff admission in football unless they’re about 70 spots to fill.
              This is true. I still believe that when it comes to power five teams getting in, a criteria for inclusion should be winning the conference. A team should not be rewarded for not having to play a CCG even if they are perceived to be a better team. There should never be two teams from the same conference in a 4 team playoff.
              Of course, this will be moot when the playoff expands.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah. With having 12 spots, we will have multiple non conference champs in it.

Comment

• And, I know we have had this convo before, but in a 4-team, I want the best 4 teams. Especially if the teams’ only loss is a close or controversial loss to the other.

Comment

• 100%.

Comment

• I like the concept of winning a conference game gets you in to the playoffs. It sounds like the top 6 conferences would get that in the 12 team setup. That would be good, as it is now the conference championship games can hurt you, help you or have no effect at all.

Comment

• In an 12 team playoff, conference champs should absolutely get auto-bids.

In a 4 teamer you have to just take the best teams. The SEC has gotten two teams into the playoff on two occasions and they both played in the finals each time. That means they went a combined 6-2 in those two playoffs alone, thus demonstrating that not only was the SEC runner up one of the top four teams, they were one of the top 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          In an 12 team playoff, conference champs should absolutely get auto-bids.

In a 4 teamer you have to just take the best teams. The SEC has gotten two teams into the playoff on two occasions and they both played in the finals each time. That means they went a combined 6-2 in those two playoffs alone, thus demonstrating that not only was the SEC runner up one of the top four teams, they were one of the top 2.
                          In a 12-team, not all conference champs should get in. Just the P5.

Comment

• The format will make it so only conference champs get byes. Top 4 would have been UGA, M, KSU and Utah. Then TCU, OSU, UAT…

So OSU-KSU, Utah-KSU, UAT-M, Georgia-who cares (if seeding held — OSU would have played Penn State).
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Arizona would not have gotten in, Talent.

Comment

• Smart ass
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X