No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Mike Leach makes it out OK. Prayers. He’s one of the more entertaining coaches in all of sports IMO.

Of much lesser note:
    I saw some rumors about Purdue having interest in WKU head coach Tyson Helton. That would be meh. Honestly never heard of him until today. It would be the same path as Brohm to Purdue, but less hopeful.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• he led texas tech through some wild games in the big 12. i think he scored 70 on nebraska which imay have been a record

Comment

• Based on what the Mississippi State boards are saying it sounds extremely bleak and that's a real bummer.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
          he led texas tech through some wild games in the big 12. i think he scored 70 on nebraska which imay have been a record
          Maybe you're confusing that with the time Kansas broke a 5-game losing streak by hanging 76 on Nebraska whilst scoring on 11 straight possessions.

Comment

• F***, this is depressing. Hoping for a miracle now. Please.

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If he was down for 15 minutes the most merciful thing would be to die.

Remember, as I often say: You, and every single person you have ever known or loved are inexorably marching toward some catastrophic system failure that will wrestle you and them from the tenuous thread holding all of us to this mortal coil. We can slow it a bit with some good luck and smart choices, but Death will not be deterred for long. Hug your kids, forgive, don’t take yourselves so seriously, and most importantly, never forget this:
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Speaking of death, Jon announced last month that he was dying and only had weeks to live. Does anyone know if he has died? I would send flowers or add to some fund to contribute to an arrangement or donate to some charitable fund for research of whatever he had if those details are available.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• As far as I know, those who knew him casually through tail gating and the forums don't know, AA. He's closed all his accounts that I had listed in my contacts so, I can't reach out. I was acquainted with his son and this may be a potential avenue of inquiry. My son in Saline MI may have a way to contact Jon's son. I will check.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If you know his last name, you can google the obits...
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      If he was down for 15 minutes the most merciful thing would be to die.

Remember, as I often say: You, and every single person you have ever known or loved are inexorably marching toward some catastrophic system failure that will wrestle you and them from the tenuous thread holding all of us to this mortal coil. We can slow it a bit with some good luck and smart choices, but Death will not be deterred for long. Hug your kids, forgive, don’t take yourselves so seriously, and most importantly, never forget this:
                      Is this a toast you give at weddings?

Comment

• Yes. Also birthdays, Christmas, Bar Mitzvahs, groundhog day, and Quinceaneras.
                        Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 12, 2022, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Most people ask me why I didn’t have anything after the colon. You lot are a huge disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            As far as I know, those who knew him casually through tail gating and the forums don't know, AA. He's closed all his accounts that I had listed in my contacts so, I can't reach out. I was acquainted with his son and this may be a potential avenue of inquiry. My son in Saline MI may have a way to contact Jon's son. I will check.
                            Thanks, Jeff.

Comment

• I scanned the latest obits for the entire Flint area, which would include Holly, where Jon lives, and I don't see an obituary for him in the last 2 weeks.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hope for a miracle for Jon and for Coach Leach. Very sad for both. If you guys find any info on Jon I'd like to donate for flowers or a memorial as well.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X