No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clemson ranked ahead of Michigan. I’m wondering if the CFP committee has watched Clemson this season…

#1 Tennessee @ #3 Georgia. So exciting.

Last edited by Cody_Russell; November 1, 2022, 06:36 PM.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It doesn't matter, because there is no way these rankings can hold up. Some of these teams still have to play each other.

Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Irrelevant rankings. M must win in C-bus. Period. Both UGA and UTK will be in with 1 loss.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There remains a real possibility of 3 SEC teams getting in IF Alabama wins out. 2 SEC teams is a lock at this point.

I said it as soon as UTK lucked into that bullshit win over UAT.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• i don't see the committee putting three SEC teams in there. I just don't.

Comment

• Well, I guess that depends on the choice. So, the only scenario where that works is one where UAT wins out.

So, Alabama is 12-1.

Then the SEC CG loser is UTK or Georgia at 12-1. And each of those schools already has a marquee win. And if the only loss is to one another in a close game, then where you do rank them?

So, the OSU-M loser is completely out. Neither has played a schedule that warrants the benefit of the doubt.

If Oregon wins the P12 at 12-1, I think they're out -- are you really going to put them ahead of Georgia (if Georgia loses this week) or even UTK?

TCU and Clemson are possible IF they finish undefeated. But, IMO, it'll be a toss-up.

The reality, of course, is that the SEC has the best teams. When the CFP goes to 12 or whatever, I'm fairly certain that you'll see at least 2 SEC teams in the semifinals every season. Maybe more. Limiting the CFP to 4 and using any standard other than "who is the best team" is the only way CFB can limit SEC teams when it's at 4.

Comment

• I just don't see the committee making the playoff a de facto mini SEC, short of there being not enough undefeated teams to fill that last slot. And if UM loses in OT to OSU, i think that the committee will squeeze them in there, even if they don't deserve it. If UAT wins out, then that legitimately means that you could have a third game between UT and UAT. TCU and Clemson get in over that third SEC team if they run the table -- as Wizard is fond of saying these days, "book it".

The SEC could have the three legit best teams, but I don't think that the committee wants to officially enshrine that.
                Last edited by Hannibal; November 2, 2022, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• Oh, for sure -- if they're undefeated. If they lose, though, then it becomes a real question. I'm not betting on TCU to run the table. I also think Clemson can be got, even though the ACC is total hogwash. It wouldn't surprise me if Notre Dame gave them a real game.

But, if there aren't any undefeateds outside of the SEC and OSU/M winner, then 3 becomes a real possibility. The seeding would SEC winner, B10 winner, SEC loser, SEC third. And, btw, if there is an undefeated Clemson/TCU, they slip into the SEC third spot. So, from a HARBAUGH!!!! perspective, he'd play the SEC again.

That all assumes UAT wins out. They could easily lose to LSU. Well, not easily. But they could lose.

Comment

• Absolutely. As Greg McElroy correctly stated, a lot of the attributes that Tennessee has, LSU has, too. It’s at night with 100,000 drunk Cajuns. If we beat them, Kiffin and Ole Miss will give us fits. If we beat both we have to face Georgia or Tennessee.

Bama winning out would be a Herculean task.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, yeah, it's a night game. But against a team that can't score as well. Not even on the Whorehouse Defense Pete Golding calls.

Now, if UAT goes into New Nova Scotland and commits 17 fucking penalties and at least two egregious special teams plays such as, e.g., in explicable punt touch and missing the game-winning FG, well, then anything is possible.

But, UAT is considerably better.

Comment

• If you’re a M or Ohio State fan, I think it makes sense to root for TCU / Clemson to win out. Rather play one of those teams in the Playoff than any of those top SEC teams. Put all your eggs in one basket with M vs Ohio State because that’s truly the only game that matters anyways…

One loss Tennessee/ Georgia vs undefeated TCU/ Clemson. I honestly have no idea who the committee would favor, but it would be close. Chaos scenario.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Whorehouse Pete. I might have to adopt that.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If officials call the LSU game the way they called the Tennessee game (fucking refs), Bama will be in trouble. LSU destroyed Ole Miss. they are definitely hitting their stride. The Child Killer isn’t a bad coach.

Comment

• I've had some experience dealing with an inexplicably awful defense. Coombs makes Golding look like mid-80s Buddy fucking Ryan.

Comment

• Yeah, it's a shame LSU moved on from Orgeron. BK can coach. He's a giant fucking dick, but he can coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X