The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And your wings will end up at #3.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Pac12 finishes 0-5 (UCLA canceled because of covid) and hasn't won ANY bowl game since 2019

Comment

• Happy weekend for Herbstreit. He got to witness a Michigan beatdown in person last night, and a OSU win today.

Shoot, he might move back to Columbus soon.

Comment

• Michigan should end up #3. They’ll be 4th at worst. I’m not sure how you get jumped by a team below you when they lost by 21 and you lost by 23. Seems like a wash to me. #5 lost and #6 already got smacked by #2.

Honestly, the 4 playoff teams should remain the top 4 in the final poll, just rearrange them as necessary. They have skin in the game and aren’t playing teams with opt-outs.

And as far as media bias, Michigan punches WAY above their weight in that regard. We won an award for best offensive line in the nation and then proceeded to get thrown around like rag dolls last night. Hutch was 2nd in the Heisman and the only time he touched Stetson Bennet was when he shook his hand after the game. Coach of the year, assistant coach of the year, kicker of the year…. Yeah. The sports press hates Michigan.

Comment

• I told my wife when we went grocery shopping this morning that I should wear a paper bag over my head because I had my Notre Dame jacket on.
            3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
            10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Is that you Marty?
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Lou!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
                  I told my wife when we went grocery shopping this morning that I should wear a paper bag over my head because I had my Notre Dame jacket on.
                  I would encourage that under any circumstance when you’re wearing a Domer shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I would encourage that under any circumstance when you’re wearing a Domer shirt.
                    I wear Lions apparel too. I’m not afraid to wear a paper bag at any time.

Comment

• Makes sense.

Comment

• I bought a Lion hat, probably the first Lion thing I have ever bought. But I bought it mainly because it fit really well.

Comment

• If your a fan of a team, no reason to hide it. I live in New
                          Hampshire, which is Red Sox country, and I get people that come up to me when I wear my Cubs shirts saying how much they like them. Happens fairly often. I also get people who tailgate me trying to take pictures of my Cubs plate. All part of the fun.

Comment

• No I generally make it a habit never to buy or wear anything Lion related since they suck. But this one fit well.

Comment

• Stolen from mgoboards (the link is worth reading):

In their last press conference before the CFP Championship, THIS is what they've decided to talk about. Now, of course they want the system to stay the way it is. They're in the championship game and recruiting better than anyone in the country.

Nick Saban and Kirby Smart both called for increased NIL regulation, warning that the same teams otherwise will continue to dominate college football.

The comments that Saban and Smart make are somewhat vague but give insight into what CFB coaches in general are thinking about with respect to NIL and the portal and their impact on CFB. Right now, the impact is bad for schools that don't have the resources (deep pocketed boosters) to compete for HS talent with those that do. I think both of these coaches along with others like JH, have very distinct ideas about what should be done to regulate the NIL and portal market. Still, regulation is going to be legally tricky.

IMO, the NCAA is ill-equipped under their current charter to be a regulatory authority. Moreover few U presidents and Chancellors that participate in NCAA rule making for student athletes know shit about the football programs within their schools and if they are involved the trend is going to be anti-monetization of what their CFB programs offer - that is because they should be representing the views and voices of student athletes, tenured professors and their ADs (HCs via the ADs). What a mess of opposing views that must be.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The NCAA has been ill equipped for decades. Bug spray on a field of locusts.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X