No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the problem is that he reported it to the guy at the university in CHARGE of the police. I don't know if that guy is actually considered part of the police force or not. I would guess not, but Joe probably thought that that was the same as telling the cops.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    A couple of quick things.
    So, while I think JoePa F'd up in a big way and should lose his job, my much, much larger grievances are with the University and the Charity, who each had a reasonable expectation that Sandusky would abuse children and, yet, idly sat by.
    Yeah, that is pretty much how I feel too. Unless of course Joe was involved in a cover-up with the 1998 incident that hasn't been revealed yet.

Comment

• Schultz oversaw the campus police as part of his duties. He wasn't "the campus police". As the Grand Jury report says, Schultz denies that he was told that any inappropriate sexual contact had occurred. Of course, the Grand Jury indicted him for perjury on that point. The whole matter stinks and in the end the entire University is to blame. To think that a major University would have direct eyewitness evdience that Sandusky was sodomizing a ten year old in the team lockerroom, and the University does absoulutely nothing to determine the child's identity or to contact the police is beyond comprehension. The only action taken was to tellSandusky he couldn't brong young boys ont the campus--something that he routinely violated according to the Grand Jury report. The guy who now is being scewered is McQuery as it is rightfully pointed out, he observed it and did nothing to protect the child. McQuery was 28 and a big guy. Instead of decking Sandusky he called his dad who told him to leave the building. As a commentator pointed out, McQuery's complicity is not even "alleged activity" It's based upon his Grand Jury sworn testimony. You have to wonder what all these parents of recruits think about McQuery, the recruiting coordinator for PSU.

Comment

• "Welcome to Michigan!"
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Man, this thing could become the biggest scandal ever to hit college football.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Imagine how big it would be if Sandusky was actually still a coach on the team?

Comment

• On one of the ESPN interview segments this a.m., one of PSU's former players (Blackledge ?) stated that approximately 300 letters have been sent out to former players in an effort to get them to the PSU/Nebraska game to line the sidelines in a show of support for JoPa.

I think having Paterno coach another game could (could) be disastrous for PSU. While I believe it is likely that the fans in the stadium, players, former players, etc. would give JoPa a rousing ovation and show of support, I cannot help but believe that the majority of fans watching on TV would be taken back by this display. Maybe not.

Realizing that not all the facts either condemning, mitigating or exonerating Paterno's involvement in this scandal are in evidence, I would not fire JoPa but allow him to finish his career as PSU Head Coach. However, I would not allow him to step on or near the practice field or stadium for the balance of his tenure.

Comment

• I think the reality is that JoePa and PSU "hoped" Sandusky learned his lesson in 1998 when he was caught,
                The man is sick in the head, people like that don't stop till they are locked up!

Comment

• Hey Wingsfan. Where's your proof that Devin Gardner says he wants playing time or he's leaving?
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                    You have to wonder what all these parents of recruits think about McQuery, the recruiting coordinator for PSU.
                    No shit. "If your son comes to Penn State, we'll treat him like a son and make sure he becomes a responsible young man."
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Jerry Sandusky was a commencement speaker at PSU as recently as 2007

Comment

• Nice, this has teeth. Feds are on to them......

An aside, Authorities found a copy of Tressel's fiction on Sandusky's nightstand. Apparently the "fiction" served as inspiration and kept Sundusky from slitting his own throat each time he looked in the mirror to shave.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 9, 2011, 07:17 PM.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• There is some reality that looking from the outside provides clarity. Or maybe it makes it easier to cast stones. Probably both.

PSU fans are supporting their legend. In their mind, Joe Pa has to be innocent, else, they've believed a lie. Frankly, and if we are honest with ourselves, I'd probably have the same instinct if this was TO and you guys would have the same if it was Bo. This is what fans do. It is not that we'd condone the actions of Sandusky.. not at all. But we would think Bo or TO was misrepresnted... or there has to be a different truth that matches the man we have admired... and "know".

So I don't blame PSU fans... But I do think Joe Pa should be fired. And he should be an example of legally right vs morally right.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• LOL! I will NEVER get enough of seeing that book cover!

Comment

• President Spanier has apparently resigned

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                They don't even compare. One guy skirted the rules of an organization that governs college athletics to gain a competetive advantage on the football field and the other enabled a child molester. The first one can cost a man his job, the second should cost a man his freedom.
                                Well stated.

Of course, when I state the same thing, I get called out and told I should never, ever try to minimize the enormity of Tressel's crimes against humanity.

Comment

Working...
                                X