The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    First, you stated that Appy State was an off the radar team that was nothing until they beat M. That's just false. Completely wrong. Appy State was the premiere D-1AA team and well on their way to D1 when they beat M. Nothing about that win changed the arc of Appy State's progress. Nothing. That's the path they were on.

That game said a LOT more about the path that Michigan was on than it did about the path of App State.

It's 14 years later, and we're still waiting for them to get off of it.

Comment

• Yep. It exposed how soft that Carr was treating his players. He was closing in on retirement and he let a lot of stuff slide that he normally would not have.

Since then the coaching only got worse. The jury is still out regarding 2021.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The funny thing about that season is that we still beat Notre Dame 38-0, #10 Penn State, a thriller over MSU in EL, and Florida the year Tebow won the Heisman and finished #18.

Comment

• App State was a good FCS team. 13-2 and 5-2 in conference. They scraped by their first two tourney games and cruised. Strong team, but probably not even best App State team.

You can call them champions all you want. They were FCS! And M was top 5. M should never lose to an FCS team. Ever.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It was a fine 2007 season. Mike Hart & Chad Henne's last chance.

Senator Tressel could have instructed the team to just run fullback dives all game and played euchre with his coaches if he had wanted.

Comment

• You’ll get no argument from me over either of those points.

But we did beat ND 38-0.

Comment

• And there was a rare M win over the Mighty Urban at the end. By Lloyd Carr, no less.

almost as embarrassing as M losing to Appy

Comment

• App State had some talent, they could play and M obviously wasn't ready. To me it wasn't much different than losing to a B1G team that is borderline bowl eligible, like say Maryland.

Comment

• In 2007, us M fans didn't realize losing to Ohio State was the norm. Carr goes 1-6 vs Ohio State in his last 7? That's unacceptable!!!

College Football Week 8 (What to Watch)
                    Friday:
                    - 7pm. Memphis vs UCF. Meh. Would have been a good game two years ago.
                    - 10:30pm. Washington vs Arizona. Slightly more watchable because Don Brown is Arizona's DC.

Saturday:
                    - Noon. Northwestern vs #6 M. Obviously the game to watch. No worries to change the channel.
                    - 3:30pm. #8 Oklahoma State vs Iowa State. Potential upset alert. Probably the game to watch.
                    - 3:30pm. #10 Oregon vs UCLA. Potential upset alert. Good game.
                    - 3:30pm. Clemson vs #23 Pitt. Pitt would be undefeated if they didn't randomly lose to Western Michigan. Interested to see Pitt QB Kenny Pickett.
                    - 7:30pm. USC vs #13 ND. Clearly the best evening game given the rivalry and tradition. Nothing else relevant around this time slot.
                    - 7:30pm #18 NC State vs Miami (FL). Not really a meaningful game, but I have a feeling it will be an entertaining finish. If ND vs USC isn't close, guessing this game will be.

No 10pm late night games.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• - 3:30pm. #10 Oregon vs UCLA. Potential upset alert. Good game.
                      I'll watch this one just to see Zach Charbonnet. I hope he plays well. I miss that guy. He's having a great season.

Comment

• Haskins probably just as good and I'm a big fan of Charbonnet. Almost impossible to keep all three of Charbonnet, Haskins, and Corum in one backfield happy. Donovan Edwards is about to really good too.

Comment

• Oregon/UCLA has a couple of my son's friends in it. They both played on his AAU Basketball team.

Sophomore CB DJ James starts for Oregon and freshman LB Christian Burkhalter is on UCLA, but has not seen the field yet.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That’s cool.

Think I’ve been swayed into thinking Oregon vs UCLA is the best 3:30pm game. Three good games at that time slot…. Pivotal for the TV remote.

Kayvon Thibodeaux (#5 Oregon) could be the #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I'll watch this one just to see Zach Charbonnet. I hope he plays well. I miss that guy. He's having a great season.
                            Good point.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Weirdest halftime score of the year so far: Kansas 10, Oklahoma 0.

Comment

• Some college football scores at halftime or in the 3rd Q from the noon slot:

- Illinois 7, #7 Penn State 10.
                                - Northwestern 7, #6 M 10.
                                - #3 Oklahoma 0, Kansas 10.
                                - #16 Wake Forest 28, Army 28.
                                - #2 Cincinnati 13, Navy 10.

How many upsets are we going to have? Hopefully one…
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X