No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure The Nick will make all due inquiries. Jacksonville Trinity is one of the few high schools where I think OSU might have a fighting chance against The Nick. They always have a fighting chance against fucking Mullen. But, The Nick is always the concern.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Isn’t Ryan Day taking the Lions job?
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Froot would lose his damn mind.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Vals are backing out of the Liberty Bowl (against WVU). Pruitt has covid as do a number of other coaches and players

Comment

• There will be more cancelled
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Maybe Army gets their spot?
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                There will be more cancelled
                Correct.

I think we'll see prevalence rates rise spectacularly in the next 2-3 weeks. What that is going to do is make the likelihood of coming in contact with asymptomatic spreaders a lot higher. Are players of bowl selected teams going to stay in their bubbles over the holidays? Go home? See friends? In turn that will cause infection rates in previously pretty well isolated teams to increase.

Now, will said teams report infections, contacts? Man, I'd hope so but we're talking a lot of money here if teams don't play. The lesser bowls, not so much. The CFP? A shit-ton of it plus the added incentive of pride. I can see some corner cutting and, TBH, I wouldn't be horrified by it.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• And right after Army gets their spot, West Point announces they've uncovered their biggest cheating scandal since the 70's. Almost all first years so I doubt the football team is affected much.

More than 70 cadets were accused of cheating on an exam, which a West Point professor calls a national security issue. West Point cadets become senior Army leaders the nation depends on.

Comment

• Arizona hires New England QB Coach Jedd Fisch, who I believe worked for Harbaugh a few years ago?

Comment

• carpetbagger

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Arizona hires New England QB Coach Jedd Fisch, who I believe worked for Harbaugh a few years ago?
                        Fisch is a doggone good coach. He's also an excellent recruiter. He should do well at Arizona.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Same 4 teams every year in the playoffs, people are (sick of seeing Alabama every year) Michigan irrelevant (and SC). IMO is bringing it down. A few other specifics .....This year will be even worse with Covid.

College football has hit it peak and is on the slope. I have watched 2 games this year.

Final College Football Playoff rankings show viewership ESPN

2014: 2.2 million viewers

2017: 1.63 million viewers

2018: 1.40 million viewers

2019: 954,000 viewers

2020: 867,000 viewers
                          Last edited by WingsFan; December 23, 2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Alabama wasn’t in it last year.

Comment

• People know that was a gymglish, as I have said I don't hate Alabama and I think they will win again this year.

Comment

• Appearances in the CFP

Alabama--6 now 7

Clemson---6 now 7

Oklahoma--4

Ohio State--4 now 5

Highest number after that is 2
                                Last edited by WingsFan; December 23, 2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X