The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Yeah, I'm wondering though that if instead of the ambitious young guys, a MAC program is better off targeting the Frank Soliches of the world. Someone who is capable but has largely had the ambition beaten out of him, heh. Not sure which model is better. The ceiling is probably lower with a Solich
    That's pretty much the description that fits Jim McElwain. He's had his time in the sun in the SEC, and it wasn't so good. Florida fired him, and then Harbaugh gave him a year at Michigan to keep him employed. The Central job opened again, and McElwain was in the right position to be offered the job, and he accepted. He's reportedly said in his job interview with Central he wanted to consider CMU his destination job, and wants to be there for the long term. We'll see if that's true the next time he's offered a position at a P5 school.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, that'd be great for Central. Dude can coach. Maybe not super elite, but you don't need to be to do really well in the MAC. They're probably the biggest surprise of the season. Really great year for them no matter how they got there.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• McElwain is already equivocating on that.

Comment

• Last edited by WingsFan; December 2, 2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Wow, surprising about Petersen. Has he said why?

Jimmy Lake (DC) taking over it sounds like

Comment

• He's (paraphrased) transitioning into a leadership role with the Husky Athletic Deparment". USC has entered the chat

Comment

• That's interesting. Ohio State is really in it for a couple superstars from that state. I can't imagine this hurting Ohio State's chances. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Whatever chances that may be hurt is more than countered by the gigantic Santa bag of money you fellas have.

Comment

• lol FL on a roll!

Comment

• Whatever chances that may be hurt is more than countered by the gigantic Santa bag of money you fellas have.
                      I'm thinking with Petersen gone OSU can go with regular Brinks bags. Much easier sell. Save some money. Reallocate to trying to finagle a world class running back. You need to prioritize.

Comment

• God Bless bearer bonds, OSU's greatest recruiting tool

Comment

• I think platinum and rare species are harder to trace, but bearer bonds are tried and true.

Comment

• I thought with Day you guys got into the 21st century and upgraded to bitcoin.

Comment

• Hush. No one is supposed to know that.

Comment

• Its easier with reloadable Visa and MasterCard.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X