No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOC is right that the Michigan fan revisionism of Tom Brady is out of control.

Comment

• Michigan fans were certainly happy to have Henson on the team, there's no doubt about that. I think that was before recruiting rankings were a thing but he would have clearly been a 5* guy and one of the top 2 or 3 QB prospects in the country. As Liney correctly points out, Lloyd was sort of strong-armed into giving Henson the 2nd quarter during the '99 season under the threat of him leaving for baseball. And of course, whenever an offense is struggling, fans want the back-up QB to play. But it was clearly, CLEARLY, apparent during the 1998 and 1999 seasons that Brady was the better QB. Hell, he earned the nickname "Comeback Kid" AT MICHIGAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        AOC is right that the Michigan fan revisionism of Tom Brady is out of control.
        The only person in this thread trying to revise anything is you. Please seek help for your BDS.
        Last edited by Mike; February 3, 2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Brady was never the Manning of Michigan, but he certainly was well respected by the fan base. And his teammates voted him as team captain in his senior year. To this day, Brady still says that his greatest accomplishment AS A FOOTBALL PLAYER was when his M team voted him as team captain. Look it up. I've seen video of him saying that very thing.

Too much is expected from opposing fans to respect accomplishments like that. To them, its all "scoreboard or nothing".
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't understand the Brady hate. Of course, I don't understand the LeBron hate either.

I do understand the Barry Bonds hate, though.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ...none as understandable as the CGVT hate...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                I don't understand the Brady hate. Of course, I don't understand the LeBron hate either.

I do understand the Barry Bonds hate, though.
                Agreed, I didn't understand the hate towards Brady when Henson was on the bench.

Comment

• Yes but you struggle with velcro...so there is that...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I understand the hateagainst lebron from purely a political standpoint. he has a large audience and he isnt atraid to speak his mind. nothing wrong with that. I have more of an issue with leagues as a whole leagues trying to set political agendas. far as bball goe he has to be the goat for bball except for MJ and only because MJ was a title king and lebron not so much

Comment

• "It made the hair on the back of your neck stand up," said one Michigan player who heard Tom Brady's pregame speech. A day at Michigan might have done the same for Brady.

Comment

• So before Brady started his first game at Michigan he wasn't well-known to fans? That's astonishing! This article also serves as a great example of how Brady's Michigan career has been rewritten to the point of absurdity over the last 2 decades.

I saw a Twitter thread earlier today about his Michigan playing days and someone said "I didn't even know Brady started at Michigan." There is a very common belief that he was the back-up to Henson or that they split starts. It is EXTREMELY EASY to verify that information in a matter of seconds but the media has ran with that narrative for 20+ years because they think it makes a better story. The story is great the way it is.

He was challenged by the incoming freshman, fended him off, and after two rough games to begin his career won 20 of his last 23 games at Michigan. He also had an awful combine that contributed to him slipping to the 6th round. Yes, when we got our doors blown off in the first home game after winning the national championship, fans were not happy. Michigan then won 10 of their last 11 games to end the season. At that point Brady was the clear leader of the team and best QB on the roster. If some fans disagreed at the time they were wrong and in the minority.

Comment

• He was so happy at his treatment at Michigan, it took only 15 years and HARBAUGH! to end the estrangement.

Comment

• Yes, when we got our doors blown off in the first home game after winning the national championship
                            Lost the second game also @ home vs Syracuse with Donovan McNabb throwing 3 TDs and running for one. It was only Brady's second start and wasn't good, 13 of 24 for 104 yards. Michigan narrowed the final score to 38-28 vs mostly backups at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              He was so happy at his treatment at Michigan, it took only 15 years and HARBAUGH! to end the estrangement.
                              I can’t imagine what Brady was doing during football season at that time? Are you on heroin?! You think Brady held a grudge against Michigan??

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

Lost the second game also @ home vs Syracuse with Donovan McNabb throwing 3 TDs and running for one. It was only Brady's second start and wasn't good, 13 of 24 for 104 yards. Michigan narrowed the final score to 38-28 vs mostly backups at the end.
                                It was a miserable day. McNabb ran all over us and the defensive performance was just as much, if not more so, responsible for the fans’ frustration.

Comment

Working...
                                X