Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that MSU is the most likely of that bunch. I guess M is possible, but I don't expect us to be a great team this year. Nebraska will murder them.

Comment

• Eh, that division is flawed. N has a potentially great offense. The defense is, well, woof. MSU should have a very strong defense. The offense, is, hmmmmm....well. And M is sort of #2 in each category.

Not sure what nFw returns, but last season N needed a huge 4th quarter rally to beat them and M needed a borderline miracle to beat them at AA. If they didn't have gayed up purple uniforms, I wouldn't write them off. But, they are nFw. And that means they likely fall short.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• MSU has a cupcake schedule, no OSU, no Wisky, no PSU... They win 1 of Neb or M, they probably sneak in.

Comment

• You're not gonna beat us. Whether that means you take the division or not, I dunno. I'm not ready to think about football yet. This is the time of year when the NBA is finally worth watching.

Comment

• Nebraska needed a 4th quarter rally, but NW was only ahead in that game because of turnovers and Nebraska's Godawful special teams play. They dominated down-by-down. Michigan did need a miracle to win that game. One of the reasons why I don't expect us to be very good this year, although we could be really good if the interior offensive line surpasses expectations.

I'm not so sure that MSU will have a great defense this year. They lost a lot, and the RichRod recruiting bump is mostly gone.

Comment

• M is going to need a running game if they want to be near the top of the division/league. It helps M that the tough part of the schedule is mostly in the last five games.

Comment

• That's a good point, WM. The problem is that as easy as the early OOC (I think M beats ND handily) and conference games appear, there's going to be a bunch of teams in the Legends bunched at the top in November (MSU, NEB - with a brutal November schedule, ???NW, M).

Yes, it gets tough late and the running game could be solidified by then but a misstep early, given the bunching at the top I see panning out in November, could be THE deciding factor.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't understand why MSU gets so much love.

Their QB situation is akin to what Michigan had with Year 1 of Forcier/Denard. They haven't replaced the guys on defense with the same talent levels that gave Michigan trouble for the last 5 years. MSU is still an undisciplined bunch, resorting to dirty play when things don't go their way on the field.

The only advantage they have this year is we have to play on their corn field. I don't think they have the offense to beat our defense, an their defense will not be able to handle the combination of Gardner/Green.

IMO
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well, Maxwell started all last year(albeit with mixed results) so that's not quite the same. And their schedule is really easy which is huge. They return like 17 starters. I'm the biggest State hater their is, but that's why they get some(not even a lot) love.

Comment

• Agree w/Oracle.

I might dislike Dantonio but he is a a good coach and gets some good performances from his teams when they play us.

One more thing. Borges is an unproven entity in my mind and at this point. New offense, piss poor track record of cogent play calling in game and some remarkably bad decision making on his watch (e.g., moving Gardner to WR).

Borges needs a rock solid run game, TEs capable of getting the mismatches the offense needs to generate big plays that way and dominant down field receivers for his offense, based on a great PA game, to work well. I don't believe the offense is even close to having that ....... yet.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Meanwhile, Ohio State is once again languishing in recruiting as Hokattison scoop up one plum recruit after another, leaving only the dregs for UFM.

Comment

• This year's game def gonna be tough. D'antonio knows that if he loses it he's looking at a very possible 4-game losing streak.

Comment

• They'll lose a lot on defense after this season, hopefully Rush to early entry too.

Comment

• I really like you guys. You are so much better than the moronic Ohio State fans that I hang with most of the time.

I want to sincerely thank you for providing me a much needed escape from the idiocy of the Ohio State fan base.
                              Last edited by lineygoblue; April 24, 2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Yes, you do own yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X