Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the Flounder?
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
      Meyer is definitely bringing the SEC mentality to the B1G.
      It was already there. Witness OSU's monopoly over the past decade on players who have gotten into trouble for accepting an illegal payment of some kind and the coach lying about it and covering it up.

Comment

• He at least pretended. The SEC doesn't even pretend. Auburn gave cam newtons dad 200k.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Flounder is DSL's lame mockery that Coach Hoke resembles the fish by that name in a Disney movie (I think Little Mermaid) that he watches every night before going to bed.

Comment

• I think Flounder is a reference to the Animal House character. At least, that's how I've seen it used by most OSU fans.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• can't really blame him. This is what Saban does
              BTW, the 3 guys that UFM has asked to leave the team were involved with legal issues. And Berry and Clarke, while not stars, were likely contributors.

Now, as I recall the meme, UFM didn't run a clean shop in Gainesville because of all the arrests and such. A travesty. An insult to the game. A disgrace.

As I read the meme now, removing a player from the team for alleged criminal transgressions is, well, a travesty. A disgrace. SABAN-esque!

I must confess, the more I see M fans talks about UFM, the more I *love* the hire. Good stuff.

Comment

• Not to make too much of it, but if Meyer lasts for more than a few years, B1G coaches aren't going to retaliate in kind. One hopes this won't be a race to the bottom, but it wouldn't be a surprise coming from Columbus.

Comment

• Big Ten coaches might be a little more willing to call him out on his lies and they might have a little firmer ground to stand on. In the SEC there is no risk of getting reported by Auburn or LSU because they do the same things anyways.

Comment

• I think it smart business to call out UFM. Worked for Bielema. Worked for Dantonio. Hopefully Hokattison will step up to the plate and call UFM on his "lies." LMAO.

Comment

• He's not necessarily doing anything illegal and he's not gonna stop. Bielma's not gonna take that and the lack of support from Alvarez and continuing playing in the gentlemanly way the league has in comparison. Again -- I don't want to overact, but this could end up changing the culture of the league unless Meyer's out before that sort of approach is popularized.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I think it smart business to call out UFM. Worked for Bielema. Worked for Dantonio. Hopefully Hokattison will step up to the plate and call UFM on his "lies." LMAO.
                        Scare quotes around "lies"?

I, too, hope that Hoke reminds recruits about Urban Meyer's well documented lies ("Don't worry, Jevan, I'm recruiting Tim Tebow as a linebacker" LMAO). I think that you do somebody a valuable service if you point out that they are being lied to by a nacissistic liar. Unfortunately, lots of these kids are practically begging to be lied to, so it's hard to get them to see reality. And, I hear that Hoke is all about selling Michigan only and none of the negative stuff. Personally, I think that's a naive approach, but my opinion doesn't count for anything.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; February 9, 2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• He's not necessarily doing anything illegal and he's not gonna stop. Bielma's not gonna take that and the lack of support from Alvarez and continuing playing in the gentlemanly way the league has in comparison. Again -- I don't want to overact, but this could end up changing the culture of the league unless Meyer's out before that sort of approach is popularized.
                          The "gentlemen's agreement" shit is, well, shit.

What Bielema was complaining about, technically, was that OSU dressed recruits in personalized jerseys. According to the NCAA, it's ok to put them in a generic jersey, but if it has the recruits name on it, it's a no-no. This was demonstrably false. Alvarez knew it. Bielema told to STFU.

Now, the way it was reported is even better. It makes Bielema look like a whiny little girl -- "Waaah, you stole the recruit I stole from you b/c of the Tressel stuff!"

I do guarantee that UFM will recruit uber hard. He will not, however, run players off the team ala The Nick.

Comment

• I agree as well on the gentleman's agreement. As dumb as RR was, one thing he had right is saying there's no such thing as a verbal commitment. You have to recruit to the end. Hoke has it right too as trying to make a verbal commitment actually a commitment(Pharoah Brown) and if you don't stick to it, your schollie is gone.

Meyer was especially in his realm by being a new coach and targeting new prospects when he got to CBus, committed elsewhere or not.

Comment

• I hadn't heard about the jersey thing.

Comment

• That's the "insider" scoop, Hanni. Wisky never made Bielema's allegations public b/c, I think, they knew it would be a train wreck for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X