Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So he was actually going non-stop for 24 years. That's a good point. Yeah, he'll be in Columbus for awhile. FWIW, for the first part of his career, he basically followed Coach Bruce (OSU then when Bruce landed at CSU) -- until he got a great "up" offer at ND. And then it was "up" the chain. Remarkable rise, really.

I'm not sure if he'll be as successful as Coach Tressel. That's an extremely high bar. But, for some reason, I actually think he will be -- though he won't beat M with quite the same frequency. Unfortunately.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• With all due respect to Ohio, but Florida is as much a destination job as Ohio is. That's why he lasted 4, oops I mean, 5 years.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Frank will have a baboon heart in 9 years; dealing with the degenerate Bobcat fanbase following a 3-loss season will do wonders for his health.
        Or was his health scare just another one of his lies?
        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• With all due respect to Ohio, but Florida is as much a destination job as Ohio is
          Florida is certainly one of the great jobs in the nation. But, last time I checked, UFM was born and raised in Ohio, loved Woody Hayes, has a relationship with Earle Bruce that was second only to his father, has a wife born and raised an hour south of Columbus with family still there (who carries a lucky buckeye around).

There are several jobs that are as good as the OSU job, but not for someone with that connection to the state. It's a little like Les Miles being so willing to leave LSU (which is every bit the job M is right now) for his alma mater. I think this analysis is remarkably straight-forward and obvious.

Comment

• And I'd agree wholeheartedly if UFM left Florida for OSU. He didnt. He left coaching.

It may well be different at OSU. I personally don't think he has the right demeanor for a long term college coach based on what you said. I don't think a coach can be as manic as you make him sound for 30+ years.

He will do well at OSU. Of that I have little doubt. I also have little doubt that he can improve much from Tressel. I also think Hoke will be at Michigan after UFM has left OSU.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I also think Hoke will be at Michigan after UFM has left OSU.
              I agree.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                And I'd agree wholeheartedly if UFM left Florida for OSU. He didnt. He left coaching.
                Bull. He left Florida because he loved his family so much that he wanted to spend 11 months with them - when he wasn't doing his ESPN gig.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Who gives a fuck about Meyer. So he's at OShitU. Who cares--only those pathetic little weasels from OShitU. He's still 0-1 against UM. I think that posters at this site give way too much credit to the weasels by puffing up their chests and suggest that we ain't afraid of no ghost whose heart may give out at any time or that he may leave after five years or that his wife will beat him brainless after he fucks a dozen heffers on campus. Fuck Meyer. Until he proves he can win in the Big ten, he's a nobody. Irony of all ironies is that his greatest victory against a Big Ten team was when he beat the living shit out of OshitU! What say you to that humiliation, Talent?

Comment

• we'll see. I don't know if Urban oozes the strength of love for Ohio that Hoke seems to show for M. Maybe I'll be proven wrong..

Comment

• I like the cut of your Jib Stan. It's absolutely hilarious to listen to the Boys of Ohio feast vicariously off his record at Florida. He's been on the "job" less than a month at OShitU, is afraid to face his former team in the Gator Bowl, sending Fickell in his stead only to fire him again upon returning to Columbus. Frankly Meyer had a meltdown, went 6-6 in his last year and was a train wreck both on and off the field.

Hasn't coached a single Big Ten game or run a practice, "according to the NCAA" anyway, he's strictly attempting to salvage Fickell's disastrous recruitment class and last time I checked, signing day is not until next February. Let's see who actually signs. Make no mistake, the flagship still lies at the bottom of the Atlantic.
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 29, 2011, 06:16 AM.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• If Tressel's departure only serves to open the door for Urban Meyer, I will be totally pissed. Fickell must have moderate "Rich Rod" success as the new HC in order to tie OSU's hands for 3 years or so...... If in the end if it only meant trading Tressel for Meyer (best coach in the game) the Big Ten is gonna take a beating! Enjoy your summer.
                        -- OP, Summer 2011

Comment

• Nothing is forever Talent, as the seasons change so did my opinion of Meyer. As a fellow Floridan convalescing from his emotional and physical collapse, I felt pity and sorrow for him, saw no need to trample on a frail man and yes my words were kind at the time but that's just my nature in general.

Frankly, at present one must question Urban Fryer's mental health and stability, taking the OShitU job, he must be *ucking Nuts?!?

Last, Bo too was from Ohio but at least he had the good sense to get the hell out. Meyer's velvet portrait of Woody Hayes be damned.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 29, 2011, 09:50 AM.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I'm not sure if he'll be as successful as Coach Tressel. That's an extremely high bar. But, for some reason, I actually think he will be -- though he won't beat M with quite the same frequency. Unfortunately.
                            I was really enthusiastic about Rodriguez when he was hired too.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I know there's a deep hatred between the two schools. That said, if U-M fans are as smart as they are supposed to be, can't you guys come up with something clever instead of the juvenile "O-lie-o" or "OshitU" for a name for those people? It sounds so 8th grade. Tattoo U was at least clever. I'm not saying this to come in and piss in your cornflakes. I'm a very casual reader of this forum. I'd just like to see you guys up your game against Ohio.
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Well, I'm not one that is given to profanity very often, so my use of "OlieO" is about as far as I can go without using profanity to describe them.

I'm up for any suggestions you may have, Tony.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X