Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there was some dislike on the part of Carr for Rodriguez. Bacon makes no bones about painting Rodriguez as a f*** hollering boor. So, yeah, there probably was resentment but my take is that he chose to remain silent. Bacon allows the reader to draw two conclusions about LC's silence. It was either misguided support or calculated lack of it. I chose to think it was the former.

I agree with you about earl bruce. He's definitely represented ohio's interests well. He is a class act as far as I can tell. Brings back memories of the old days ...... before osu turned into steaming pile of shit.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• talent, you're right. One game does not make or break a coach. I'll take Mattison's body of work over the course of the season with some confidence for M's future. What he did with that defense, which was quite stripped of talent by your own remarks preseason, is remarkable. I could care less what happened when M, playing one last game for LC with a bevy of NFL talent that was finally healthy, did to GM.

However, a full season, a 6-6 record and 3-5 in conference certainly is enough to judge Fickell, and it was enough to "make" Lap Dog Luke a permanent fixture on osu's staff. Perfect.

Comment

• Mattison should, and will, be assistant of the year nationally.

I'm glad you referenced body of work. Nicely explains my excitement over the recent hiring. Demean Coach Fickell all you want. Nothing anyone can say can change this glorious day.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Fickell's been on the staff since 2002. So I guess his record is now 8-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Mattison should, and will, be assistant of the year nationally.

I'm glad you referenced body of work. Nicely explains my excitement over the recent hiring. Demean Coach Fickell all you want. Nothing anyone can say can change this glorious day.
            Paltry by your typical standards. You should be excited. I already made my point about meyer earlier. You even commended it.

Comment

• Final Exam question for Psych 101 at osu.

Identify the common personality characteristic:

J. Stalin: Katyn Forrest? The Germans did it.

Pol Pot: Killing fields? Western propaganda.

Richard Nixon: I am not a crook.

O J Simpson: I'm looking for the real killers.

Jim Tressel: Tats? Cars? Autographed equipment? Don't know nothing about it.

Urban Meyer: There's been no discussion with osu or any decision made.

Hint: Answer is 4 letters and you are spotted an I, an A and an R. (osu seniors are allowed to use their Hooked On Phonics crib notes.)
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It's true. If you've ever lied about anything, you're pretty much on the same level as Pol Pot

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Fickell's been on the staff since 2002. So I guess his record is now 8-2.
                  7-3.

You didn't win last year. If you didn't win, you musta lost ...
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The point is that given the level of dishonesty and corruption that osu has wallowed in for the last several years, one would think that those who truly care about osu would want a fresh start, someone with integrity that the university could be proud of.

Evidently not.

Winning is shown to be the only thing at osu, and if it means employing liars or cheaters in high profile positions, so be it. Be proud, osu - replacing a cheater with a liar, your standard of ethics is at least consistant. osu could have ended the Tressel era debacle by starting to tell the truth about any matter concerning the university. Honesty that shows that they care about what the university is about and the image they project. But they don't as shown by their actions. Winning isn't everything, its the only thing at osu. No matter how many games osu may win, its athletics will never be respected by anyone other than its fans, and why the university is scorned and mocked nationally. The sad thing is that it doesn't have to be that way, but osu chooses that path.
                    Last edited by Ghengis Jon; November 28, 2011, 11:38 PM.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Pelini: ‘Absolutely no truth’ to Ohio State interview report
                      BY SAM MCKEWON | 3:07 PM, MONDAY, NOV. 28 | POSTED IN BIG RED TODAY

With Ohio State naming former Florida coach Urban Meyer as its new head coach Monday, brief Nebraska interest turned to an online report from reporter Jeff Rapp, who runs his own Web site and covers the Buckeyes for 610 WTVN in Columbus, Ohio.
                      Rapp tweeted Monday that NU’s Bo Pelini — who played at Ohio State — was one of three people to interview for the job. Meyer was one and a “minority coach” was a third.

Through a spokesman Monday, Pelini told the Omaha World-Herald there is “absolutely no truth whatsoever” to the report.
                      Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne said via email Monday that he and Pelini have not had any discussions about the Ohio State head coaching job. According to Osborne, Nebraska was never contacted by an Ohio State official or anyone representing that university for permission to speak with Pelini about the vacant position.

At 4:00 this afternoon — just as Meyer was being introduced at Ohio State — Rapp retracted his story following a phone conversation with Pelini.

“Coach Pelini says he’s a man of his word and I will take him at it,” he tweeted. “Obviously I am not out to hurt his reputation or his recruiting efforts at Nebraska. What I can’t get grip of is why two impeccable sources would have this wrong — separately. It makes me wonder if Ohio State put on some sort of front, quite frankly.
                      “The problem is I don’t have time to get to the bottom of this right now. I have a press conference to attend. But since this has spread and could be hurting Coach Pelini I have to respectfully retract.”
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I doubt he was interviewed, too. Interested? Very. Interviewed? No.

And LMMFAO @ Jon. He's terrified. He knows what's in store.

Today is even greater than yesterday. Glorious, glorious move by OSU and UFM!

Comment

• Others at Florida aren't so sure that was the reason, especially now that Meyer is jumping back into coaching so soon.

"He knew what was coming," a person close to the Florida program said. "He looked at the schedule and knew what we had coming back [as far as talent]. He didn't want to hurt his legacy."

Meyer didn't leave much behind for new Florida coach Will Muschamp. Privately, Muschamp has told people he was shocked at the level of talent he inherited. Muschamp, a former Texas defensive coordinator, finished 6-6 in his first season as a head coach.

At Ohio State, where there's no shortage of tradition and resources, Urban Meyer has all the pieces in place to build another winner. But will he stay anywhere long enough to build a true dynasty?
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Ahhh, I remember the days when a coach being introduced in a press conference was considered a great day. Dark days, indeed. Poor Buckeye fans are more depressed than I thought.

Comment

• They're not depressed (which can be cured) . They're just idoits (which cannot).

Comment

• Matta and Meyer. Wow. And I thought Matta and Tressel was as good as it gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X