Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I can't even imagine the pressure on M knowing that this is their chance to win; knowing that that it will be another 3-4 years before they have a good chance to win again
    Bullshit and I know you know this. Besides, with an upsurge in what must be your optimism, you have strayed away from your self asserted posting rule to only stay with the facts. Right. You''re back with your arm pumping. I knew it would not be long. God help us here if osu should, as unlikely as that outcome would be, beat Michigan on Saturday.

I understand that you believe player talent trumps everything else in determining the number of wins a CFB team rings up every season. Right?

Given M's talent level in 2011, how do you explain this team's 9-2 record? Luck?

Look, the reason for M's resurgence is coaching. I don't think there can be any argument with that. Continuity in the coaching staff had a lot to do with osu's consistency - aside from paying players but that's another matter. tressel, aside from the fact is he is a cheating dirtball, was a great coach ...... coaching.

Now, given the reality of the effectiveness of M's coaching staff in returning M football to the level of respect it once had, given that M will have one more year of continuity than osu's coaching staff will have, makes one wonder why you see osu's football fortunes being so much better than M's. osu will be playing catch-up in the short term. If you assign any level of importance to coaching as it relates to wins (which, I think, you have grossly underestimated its contribution to wins and I offer the stunning turnaround of M's defense with the same talent when in the hands of competent coaches as proof positive that you have underestimated it's contribution) while Urban may be a fine coach, he's going to spend two seasons organizing a new staff and players who don't know what that staff expects and that's being generous.

IMO, M football has established itself as on the rise. osu, while it is being rescued by what the fans perceive is some kind of Messiah, the outcome is not yet known and I find your optimism nothing short of fatuous bull shit.

...... now, it's Michigan - osu week. If you somehow fail to not enjoy it by engaging in some challenging repartee', I'll know you are the osu pussy I always thought you to be.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• My post was factual.

Given M's talent level in 2011, how do you explain this team's 9-2 record? Luck?
      They played 7 horrible teams, 1 mediocre team (at home, that OSU's horrid offense dropped 27 on) and 1 pretty decent team that put together a collapse for the ages.

Michigan will lose more games next year than this year. Yet, the coaching will be same. In fact, the coaching system will have been in place for a year longer. I'll make a note to drop by next season when that happens and ask you to revisit this issue.

As for the rest, meh. Look, tbh, I have absolutely zero interest in actaully discussing Ohio State football with you or the folks here. There's zero chance of it being interesting, insightful or of any merit. Zero chance. That's not to say you folks don't have good, insightful things to say -- I still do like reading your takes on M football. You guys take that seriously and generally muster up some decent insight. That's just not the case on this thread. Understandably so, I guess.

Anyway enjoy Saturday. Make the most of it. I will be quite sad to see the streak fall just shy of 3000 days.

challenging repartee'
      Where? On this forum? Have you replaced the standard M fans who post on this thread with a new lot?
      Last edited by iam416; November 22, 2011, 02:52 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• it will be another 3-4 years before they have a good chance to win again
        Keep telling yourself that, it is a complete fabrication but it might help dry your tears after your loss Saturday
        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I'm not concerned about Urban Meyer personally. I think tressel was a great college coach (when he wasnt fixing raffles). probably the best college coach.

Meyer is still a step down, but good enough that it will keep OSU relevant. Plus I'm sure OSU will now have a decided schemeatic advantage.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I dunno, Whodean ... OlieO is already getting verbal commitments from five star monsters who were conceived in their mother's womb just last night. Watch out for that 2023 class, man ....

Its so patently idiotic to predict wins 3-4 years down the road. So many things can happen between now and then. I mean, look at what the last 12 months alone have brought to college football. And these morons think they can predict wins 3-4 years from now?

Pathetic.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Urban went 9-3 his first year at Florida. A national title in his second. Undefeated in his second year at a moribund Utah program. His history everywhere he's gone indicates he gets results almost immediately.

But I prefer having M fans believe this will in no way impact Hoke's ability to snatch recruits out of Ohio. And that Hoke is more than a match for Urban.

Comment

Michigan will lose more games next year than this year. Yet, the coaching will be same. In fact, the coaching system will have been in place for a year longer. I'll make a note to drop by next season when that happens and ask you to revisit this issue.
                Perhaps ...... but less wins may not be an accurate measure of decline or proof that my hypothesis that coaching counts more than you give it credit for in the calculus. Generally and based on the disadvantage of playing on the road, I think you are right that M might lose more than 2 or 3 games in 2011. I don't find that to be an unreasonable prediction. The loss of Mike Martin might account for one or two of them alone. But if measurable values of offensive and defensive performance remain about the same in 2012 as they were in 2011, irrespective of W/L record, your assertion will be false.

This team (132 ..... soon to become 133) and this coaching staff seems to have figured out how to play like one. That's a big deal. Sustainability? Yeah, that's not in the bag. But if the level of play that this team is playing with is an indicator, and if M sees similar success in 2012 because of it, you'll be the one eating the next bowl of dick served up here.

I'm looking forward to it.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The people who run the OSU Scout board are declaring it a done deal. Will be announced next week and currently assembling the staff

Comment

• Olieo just reneged on their contract with Tennessee, cancelled games in 2018 and 2019, the scumnuts will pay Florida A&M (a FCS team) next year.
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                      Olieo just reneged on their contract with Tennessee, cancelled games in 2018 and 2019, the scumnuts will pay Florida A&M (a FCS team) next year.
                      Yeah, I'll be glad to see Gene Smith go with this scheduling crap now. Florida A&M?? WTF? That's an embarrassment. It's in 2013 though. Not next year.

Tennessee is being replaced with a home-and-home with UNC in 2015 and 2017. Unless something else changes that'll means games against both VA Tech and UNC in 2015 and games against both Oklahoma and UNC in 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        I'll be glad to see Gene Smith go .....
                        The most cogent and rational thought you've ever posted.

Comment

I can't even imagine the pressure on M knowing that this is their chance to win; knowing that that it will be another 3-4 years before they have a good chance to win again
                          Wow, probably the stupidest thing you've ever posted. And that is with an infinitely long list of stupidity.

Comment

• Michigan (two coaches ago) once beat Urban Meyer in a bowl game. If you can beat em in a bowl game, you're pretty likely to keep on beating them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              But I prefer having M fans believe this will in no way impact Hoke's ability to snatch recruits out of Ohio.
                              It won't. But whether Urban decides to run a clean program where his star players don't get cash and vehicles might.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                It won't. But whether Urban decides to run a clean program where his star players don't get cash and vehicles might.
                                You're right, Hanni. It'll take cash & cars for two-time national champion Urban Meyer, who has had major success at three different schools, to avoid losing the recruiting wars to Brady Hoke, the guy who once led Ball State to the MAC title game (losing to Buffalo, 42-24).

Why would any Ohio kid play at OSU for Urban if Coach Flounder made an offer? (Which he will immediately rescind if you dare take a visit anywhere else)

Comment

Working...
                                X