Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other bad news for programs that pay players under the table is that the scholarship award guidelines have changed. Without the certainty of a pay-out each year (most student athletes, except the ones at places like osu), the likelihood of someone paying them and the athlete gladly accepting that pay-off are reduced.

This is an indirect affect as the one year schollys are still available but they can't be refused for athletic related reasons .... i.e., didn't make the two deep (A Nick Saban and Les Miles trick that is completely within the rules right now).

Its a great rule change and long over-due. Brian has a couple of good links to more detailed descriptions at mgoblog.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The 85 scholarship rule doesn't have to be complicated.

1. Scholarships are 4-year commitments.

2. On signing day, you must not be over 85 schollies.

That's what the entire Big Ten does.

Comment

• osu RB Jamal Berry is in legal trouble for assaulting someone but ...... surprise, he will probably play against Wisconsin.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• As a diehard Buckeye fan and graduate of the University, I implore the university to please step up to the plate and get rid of this guy. If we continue to hide behind legalities and technicalities, we are just part of the problem and bringing disgrace to my once proud university. Take a stand for morality and ethics before it's too late to salvage our reputation.

........ an uncharacteristic buckeye fan's plea for an end to the stink that is osu's football program.

BTW, its already too late.

Comment

• Once proud? When?

Comment

• Once proud? When was that?

Comment

• lol, great minds

Comment

• definitely a door wide open...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    The 85 scholarship rule doesn't have to be complicated.

1. Scholarships are 4-year commitments.

2. On signing day, you must not be over 85 schollies.

That's what the entire Big Ten does.

I'm not a fan of the 4 year commitments.. Reason is what if a kid just decides not to workout or do what is required? Academically, you can lose scholarships, so why not with athletics.

I do think one year scholarships are a problem
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      I'm not a fan of the 4 year commitments.. Reason is what if a kid just decides not to workout or do what is required?
                      Tough shit. Encourage him to transfer. If he doesn't, too bad. Like I said, that's what the Big Ten lives with.

Comment

• Scholarships are only a one-year commitment by the university. They have to be renewed each year. That may change under the new proposals.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The issue is that numerous kids on scholarship are essentially being released from the team due to them not being as good at football as the coaches hoped. In the SEC, if your a 3rd year player and your not getting playing time, your quite likely to be let go and replaced with a true freshman.

Comment

• By about 11:30pm this evening, Dr. "my-ass-sure-hurts" Strangelove will be feeling the string form Wisky.......4th loss on the horizon and you can't do damn thing about it.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• By about 11:30pm this evening, Dr. "my-ass-sure-hurts" Strangelove will be feeling the string form Wisky.

String? Got it. Tampons.

Comment

• ugh ... move on please ...
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X