Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godspeed Sir. I am certainly no Buckeye Fan but do lock my doors at night and carry a pistol thanks to Tressel's sullying of the Big Ten.

Updated: October 21, 2011, 1:10 PM ET

Edward Rife says he got death threats

Associated Press
    COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The tattoo parlor owner whose purchase of Ohio State memorabilia triggered a far-reaching football scandal says he has received death threats and saw his family's finances destroyed.

Edward Rife pleaded guilty in June to drug trafficking and money laundering charges unrelated to the scandal. He is scheduled for sentencing Wednesday.

A document filed by Rife's attorney Friday in federal court says Rife has spent the past year fearing for the safety of his family and children.

Federal authorities investigating Rife's role in a marijuana distribution plot discovered he'd been buying Ohio State memorabilia from football players or giving them discounts on tattoos for the items.

That discovery triggered an NCAA investigation, led to coach Jim Tressel's forced resignation and the departure of star quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 24, 2011, 08:59 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• What possible value to the Dolts could Tressel have? Is this a sympathy hire by a friend in a high place? I originally thought it was just rumor (ie no need to check for accuracy...I saw it on the internet). But seriously, what does Tressel bring to the table thats not already there?
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• A guy who was willing to bend and even break every NCAA rule or regulation that got in the way?

"Cars, Cash & Courtesans", it is real at OSU.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Edward Rife - guy who just pleaded guilty to drug distribution and money laundering is fearing for the safety of his children and family.

I don't doubt that the olieo faithful have been sending death threats and what not, but maybe he should have put the interests of his family first before he got into, you know, illegal dealings.

Comment

• Rife is finding out that eventually, Justice Is Served. We can only hope that eventually, Gordo Gee and Gene Genie Smith and the entire cesspool also experience Justice Being Served, too!

Comment

• OH FUCK - I thought I'd done this properly but it looks like I booked a work trip outta town during the OSU game. What a shame! I'm thinking due to time-zone difficulties I should try and download the game and watch it the next day. Has anyone had success finding a feed for full games online? I need to have this settled soon else I'm going to hate myself.

Comment

• Most certainly encouraged by Wisconsin's embarrassing loss to MSU...should play nicely into taking out some revenge against the Buckeyes, gotta like it!

Get ready DSL... a little Animal House high jinks is in order.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 24, 2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• An audio recording of Jim Tressel's five-hour interview with NCAA investigators before his forced resignation as Ohio State football coach highlights the fear and desperation heard in his voice.

More...
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• DSL, get ready as Wisky rolls OSU this Saturday. ;0

Good news, according to Surgeon General (an Ohioan) it's highly unlikely you will get pregnant from your pending prison assjacking. Enjoy.

Wisconsin is going to take that Sparty humiliation out on the Buckeyes, can't wait.
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 27, 2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• For the first time in a long time, I actually believe that is exactly what is going to happen. Feckel is going to have his hands full quieting the angry mobs following a humiliating beat down in the Russel v. tp, jr. contest.

Good times.

On Wisconsin.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• No I suspect males in Ohio can also carry fetuses, cause otherwise the population would plummet in that part of the country. Nobody wants to screw Ohio's ``women''.

Comment

• Well, Wisconsin may win but they have no class and are probably cheating so the win will pretty much be meaningless no matter the margin -- Michigan Men

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Well, Wisconsin may win but they have no class and are probably cheating so the win will pretty much be meaningless no matter the margin -- Michigan Men
                            Besides the fact that Bielema may not be the sharpest tool in he shed, he is one hell of a good football coach. He's taken Wisconsin football to a level where they are taken seriously nationally. He's accomplished this without a roster full of convicted felons who flagrantly and intentionally try to injure opponents and assistant coaches who encourage it. He's also done it without lying to the NCAA. I'd name him as a coach that plays the game with integrity.

Besides the fact that MSU is 7-1 and just beat 3 very good football teams in a row (well, lets make that two .... osu sucks) to take a commanding lead in the Legends Division, how they got there is tainted by the suspension of William Gholston and the public reprimand by MSU's President of Mark Dantonio's DC, coach Narduzzi (Scratching head trying to understand why Danontio didn't do that??? .... never mind, he' shares the same values as Narduzzi .... unneccessary roughness is what footbal is about, heh, heh).

While I find your remarks that joke about how M fans can be dismissive of teams that beat them humorous, they are weak sauce when it comes to attempts at deflecting the shit storm that is osu football right now and will be for the rest of the season.

Enjoy your weekend.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 27, 2011, 07:39 PM.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Speaking of cheating, the NCAA will permit an increase of 2000 dollars per athletic scholarship...good news for you guys DLS, every dollar paid above the table should help reduce the amount of dirty money OSU and other rogue programs pay under the table.

What does a Cam Newton, Terelle Pryor or Mo Clarett-type player go for these days? However, there are tougher academic requirements as well but don't worry your "Compliance" Department has successfully steered most of your football players away from the classroom as they often boast,......last Wisky is gonna bitch-slap you guys! Cheers

Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 28, 2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• If anything, it's bad news for programs like OSU. It takes away a little bit of competitive advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X