Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN sues Ohio over Sweatervest / Sarniak emails.

Now THIS could be fun.

Comment

• Please God let there be a way for both parties to lose this one.

Comment

• LMAO the FOIA is a bitch, folks. I'm surprised that this took so long.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        The car dealership angle is looking more and more like a dry well.
        Interesting conclusion, given the fact that nobody has investigated it yet (beyond a government agency who made sure that sales taxes were paid)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          LMAO the FOIA is a bitch, folks. I'm surprised that this took so long.

Interesting conclusion, given the fact that nobody has investigated it yet (beyond a government agency who made sure that sales taxes were paid)
          The dealership story has been around for over a month and since the state agency cleared the dealership of fraud weeks ago, I've heard basically no details since. Despite the persistent digging of media outlets like ESPN. No one's investigated? The media is constantly investigating and their resources are probably greater than the NCAA itself.

Comment

• Looking forward to osu handing over all emails, memos, and letters pertaining to Sarniak since May 2007. Really, I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Pitts View Post
              They did the same with Texas and to date Texas hasn't handed over anything...
              Last edited by entropy; July 11, 2011, 09:10 PM.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                The dealership story has been around for over a month and since the state agency cleared the dealership of fraud weeks ago, I've heard basically no details since. Despite the persistent digging of media outlets like ESPN. No one's investigated? The media is constantly investigating and their resources are probably greater than the NCAA itself.
                The whole Reggie Bush Free House thing was dormant for a few years but that was finally brought to light. Don't worry, the shit will fall again on good ol' stinktown.:-D

Comment

• "I can't go there (Ohio State) and take penalties for something I never did," Kalis told ESPN.com on Monday. "Ohio State is a great program. I'm just not sure how long it will take them to recover. I want a solid, grounded coaching staff with a safe environment. Where there aren't such tough questions."

Sounds like he's going to Michigan for all the right reasons.

Ohio State has lost its top 2012 football recruit to Michigan, as offensive tackle Kyle Kalis switched his commitment to the Wolverines last weekend.

Comment

• I read the whole article, and I didn't see anything wrong with anything he said.

Kalis wants stability in the coaching staff that he will be playing for. Luke Fickell couldn't even promise him that he'd finish THIS season, much less 4 seasons down the road. Michigan now has that kind of stability. Not sure what he meant about a safe environment, but maybe he sensed that Ann Arbor is a bit of a safer community than Columbus? No surprise there.

Kalis probably wants to be able to play in post season games. With Olieo, its likely that there will be a 2-3 year post season ban. And I agree with him, why should he have to waste 2-3 years of his eligibility for things he was not responsible for?

This is another reason why standard coaching contracts should contain a separate agreement with the NCAA that allows the NCAA to pursue punitive damages against any coach who knowingly violates NCAA rules, then leaves for the NFL or private sector, attempting to escape punishment.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Don't forget that our head coach is not a lying phony in a sweatervest. The kid is lucky he found out the truth about Tressel if he's looking for a solid, grounded staff.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        "I'm just not sure how long it will take them to recover."
                        Manna from heaven ...... I hope osu never recovers.

I've heard a lot of talk everywhere regarding how M needs to have osu at full strength, the conference needs them, CFB needs them.

BS

Nobody needs institutions that are characterized by cheating. We especially don't need institutions that lack integrity when it comes to educating and influencing our youth. Others will counter it happens everywhere, its college sports, don't cast osu in a bad light because of one or two bad apples.

..... and thats the problem with so many excuses we offer for any number of institutions in America that have become sullied in some way because of the conduct of a few inside them.

We'll, the character of any institution is defined by the behavior and integrity of EVERYONE in it. I can't think of a single institution that is not influenced either positively or negatively by its leadership. Leaders cheat, steal, take shortcuts and lie, it creates a culture that encourages it by members lower down on the food chain.

Even little things. I had a Commanding General one time say at a big meeting before hundreds of officers that running an orange (caution) light at an intersection meant you lacked discipline; if you do that kind of thing regularly, if you take shortcuts, I don't want you in my unit and I'll get rid of you if I find out about it.

I was probably in my early thirties at the time as were most of those in attendance. We all snickered. Now, in my 60's and having commanded Marines myself, I know exactly what he was talking about.

Tressel (probably smith and gee as well) and the equipment manager who let stuff flow out of his gear locker like water out of a leaking faucet lacked discipline. Kids see that and the bad behavior of so many osu football players reflects just how undisciplined the adults in osu's athletic department were.

No, Michigan, the B10 and CFB does not need osu and the kind of example that football program has set. If the NCAA and the politicos that influence it cared more about principles and less about money, osu would be sanctioned into the stone age.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 12, 2011, 02:39 PM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• the problem the bigTen will have with OSU is IF the NCAA punishes them hard, the perception of the conference nationally will be the BigTen is down. Like it or not, Michigan being town hurt the conference reputation. OSU being down will do the same.

Comment

• I'd much rather have the Big Ten be "down" than osu go unpunished.

Comment

• I'm not proposing an opinion on it, rather one issue

Comment

• We should all keep in mind that if any evidence of foul play at Michigan should emerge in the future that we supporters should be willing to call a spade a spade and accept criticism wherever it is warranted. One of the disgusting things about Buckeye Nation is all the apologists and rationalizers down there who cannot face reality. I say this in the assumption that significant violations have already been verified and from what I read I would say that is the case. The whining and denial that has greeted this scandal is one of the most annoying aspects of the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X