Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he's on a boat somewhere in Houston.

Comment

• In an effort to ease the pain of the impending Boomering, Here's Steve Wiltfong (one of my top 3 recruiting "experts") on OSU's class:

Ohio State is running away with the No. 1 ranked recruiting class in 2018 and showing no signs of slowing down.

Of the Buckeyes' 17 commits, four rank as 247Sports Composite five-stars, three rank No. 1 at their respective positions, and seven more rank in the top five. Eleven are Top100 prospects and four more hold a four-star grade.

This is shaping up to be the best recruiting class on paper in the history of 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings, with the 2010 Florida haul holding that mark to date.

And moving forward, nearly all of the Buckeyes' remaining top targets are strongly considering a future in Columbus.

As all of college football will have its eyes on the Buckeyes this weekend against Oklahoma, it's scary to imagine that the No. 2 Buckeyes team will have tons of room going forward in the next few seasons. Think about this: Urban Meyer and his staff look like the favorite for …

* The nation’s No. 1 weak-side defensive end Micah Parsons likely returns to the OSU camps this weekend for the showdown against Oklahoma. The Harrisburg (Pa.) High standout continues to consider several opportunities but it’s obvious that he is high on the Buckeyes, has a good relationship with the staff and proximity to home is also a plus. Nebraska and Penn State look like the biggest challengers at this point.

* The 247Sports Composite’s No. 1 offensive tackle Jackson Carman has Ohio State in his top three with Clemson and USC with Florida State and Wisconsin hanging around for his National Signing Day signature. The OSU staff isn’t taking the logistical edge with a grain of salt, recruiting Carman as hard as any other school. Carman plans to take his officials before making a college decision and I’m not sleeping on the Tigers or Trojans but still like where the Buckeyes stand.

* It continues to sound like Ohio State remains in pole position for the No. 2 cornerback in the land Anthony Cook. The Buckeyes are my current 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast. Early in the process I was riding with LSU for Cook and they look to be the biggest challenger for the Lone Star State five-star.

* All 20 247Sports Crystal Ball forecasts regarding the nation’s No. 3 weak-side defensive end Tyreke Smith point to Ohio State including my own. Penn State is also really pushing for Smith and has been recruiting the Cleveland Heights standout as hard as any other program. USC is another school that is enticing with Alabama and Oregon being intriguing, but the Buckeyes have Smith at the top of the board and are pursuing him as hard as any target and the buzz remains with OSU. Smith will announce at the Under Armour All American game.

* Ohio State’s top receiver target in this class has always been St. Louis (Mo.) Christian Brothers blue-chipper Kamryn Babb and the Buckeyes have had his eye much of the process as well. He plans to return for the Penn State game and that appears to be the only trip currently on the radar.

Four others Meyer and company could still land…

* Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage five-star cornerback Tyson Campbell is as high on the Buckeyes board as a prospect can get and sources continue to indicate Ohio State’s chances are as good as any other program the Sunshine State product is still considering. Miami and Alabama are the other major players.

* Tampa (Fla.) Berkeley Prep Top247 offensive tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere is another OSU is recruiting as hard as any other target, and assistant Greg Schiano has ties to the high school program that helps the Buckeyes here. The Crystal Ball favors Florida for Petit-Frere but there are a bevy of schools still in play including Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan and Notre Dame.

* Blairstown (NJ) Blair Academy Top247 defensive end Jayson Oweh takes his official to Ohio State this weekend as reported by Alex Gleitman of Bucknuts.com. This is a Nittany Lions-Buckeyes battle that seems like it could go either way. A decision isn’t expected until January.

* Pocatello (Idaho) Highland Top247 defensive tackle Tommy Togiai loved his experience at Ohio State FridayNight Lights and returns this weekend for his official. I’m getting close to putting Togiai, who is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 2 player in the country at his position. I put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of the Buckeyes on Wednesday and perhaps he’ll jump in the boat this weekend but USC and Washington are also major contenders.

And there's plenty more where that came from.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• F*ck osu. That is all.

Comment

• Seconded.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thirded
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They will end up fucking themselves. We just need to beat them enough times to add variety to the types of humiliation that will be suffered there.

Comment

• Beating them on the regular? I'll believe it when i see it.

However, it's clear to me that JH and his staff, in particular Don Brown, may have designed a defense specifically targeting the osu offense or one's like it. How that pans out going forward is going to be telling.

M has IU, Purdue and Maryland to test out the 3-3-5 Brown implemented v. UF before it faces osu. No comparison to effectiveness of those offenses compared to osu's but still ..... M was inches away from beating the buckeyes last season and more has changed with M's defense than has changed with osu's offense.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I've always admired the endless optimism of this forum. Sure, it waned a bit somewhere around the loss to Gary Nova and mighty Rutgers, but it was quick to return. And, after reading Mgo -- which is just fantastic -- the optimism here is actually tempered!

Anyway, as I understand it M has OSU beat in nearly every regard from HC to Assistants to players. I'm not even sure if 6 players could play for M. So, yes, the much ballyhooed and frequently predicted era of HARBAUGH!!!! DOMINANCE is about to start.

Oh well, Life in the Shadow.

Buchanan:

I don't expect a high scoring game in AA this year. I realize you're an ardent disciple of the HARBAUGHFFENSE!!!! but I still see a team that only put up 279 yards against OSU in regulation last year, managed one drive of 55 yards, averaged less than 4 yards per play and couldn't score at TD from the 25 but for the silly OT format.

I will say I am encouraged that OSU is actually running crossing routes this year. We'l see if that keeps up. Long way until November.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That secondary, though?
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                        That secondary, though?

And JT Barrett?
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Anyone watching this? osu getting it handed to them then OK int Barrett and the officials say NO ?? and No replay either??

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            Anyone watching this? osu getting it handed to them then OK int Barrett and the officials say NO ?? and No replay either??

No shit OSU sucks

Comment

• Herbstreit wants to talk tennis now - fucking asswipe

Comment

• I blame the Lebron James cleats for O-state's predicament today.

Comment

Working...
                                X